BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!

So, I have been on a long process deciding what to get next... I have raised a little over 2k USD and I seriously can't decide what I want... I've looked at divers, dress watches, conceptual watches, sportsy-looking, rubber band, classic limited editions (speedmaster cart series), etc.

Anyway, I strongly need some opinions and, suggestions at what does really gets me the best value for 2k USD... (regardless of the type of watch)

Just two constraints:

- Between 39mm - 42mm
    - NO QUARTZ

Also, here's my current staff.. If you feel I'm lacking something or I already have it, please feel free to suggest me what to get:

- Cartier Tank Francaise (Two tone)
    - TAG Heuer Carrera Steel (Cal. 1887)
    - Tissot Couturier GMT Cronograph White Dial (Brown leather strap)
    - Bulova Precisionist Cronograph
    - Bulova Marine Star (Rubber Strap)
    - Swatch Sistem51 (Red)

Thank you.

Re: BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!

Need a bronze diver. There are new 40mm Helson Shark Divers in bronze and steel that are positively stunning and 42mm coming that may be titanium, but bronze or steel available now.

http://www.helsonwatch.com/shark-diver-40.php

Last edited by yankeexpress; December 3rd, 2014 at 22:54.
    Donf, jlow28, poised and 1 others like this.

While I find the bronze diver very intriguing I think that this would be a good time to exercise restraint, save up a few more shekels and get a Black Bay or Seamaster. Or get a used one of those.
    Ita likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its an odd question to say you have 2k, i dont know what i want, please help me spend it. Best value watch for 2k or under in an automatic will probably be a seiko 007 diver. Even in a watch, value is difficult to distinguish.
    is value the ability to accurately tell time? most watches will do that well.
    is value reliability - again, seiko down at 100 bucks is as reliable as they get.
    is it a certain label/brand?
    is it a certain style?

See where im going? you can define value in a million ways, particular when your talking about a watch, which as a functional item has limited use now days ( im not a troll, i have a collection, i spend more than i should on what i also think are antiquated functional jewellery!)

A better way to approach this would be to figure out what looks nice to your eye, does a particular diver or pilot watch catch your eye. Great, now look at all the offerings in that particular style, check out reviews, read the forums and get a feel for what "you" think would be the best bang for buck in the style you want.

If you want a straight answer, you have 2k to spend, id say go for a stowa 1938 chrono, cream if you can get it. my grail at the mo. i have no idea if it floats your boat though.
    Ita likes this.

Ball Engineer Red Label. With a little luck you should be able to find one (new) for $2k. COSC certified, with tritium tubes for excellent night visibility, 100 m WR, 40 mm, white, gray or black dial, sapphire crystal ... You will be hard press to find better mechanical watch for less.
    http://www.amazon.com/Ball-NM2028C-L.../dp/B006ZAL3D2

Name:  944651d1358866005-fs-ball-engineer-ii-red-label-40mm-cosc-only-00-img_0623-800x598-.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  293.2 KB

Save a little more and get that BB, you won't regret it. For some reason I think burgundy goes with everything now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ita and londonflash like this.

The Ball also comes in a 43mm variety. Slightly larger than your required range, but I'd encourage you to try both on before deciding. I love this watch. An AD offered me one for $2100 and I plan on it being my next large(ish) purchase. Ball really punches above it's weight class. Great value across the board.

Another recommendation, you could get a used Speedy Pro Reduced (38mm) for well under your $2k max or go a few hundred over your $2k limit and get a used Speedy Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Okapi001 View Post
    Ball Engineer Red Label. With a little luck you should be able to find one (new) for $2k. COSC certified, with tritium tubes for excellent night visibility, 100 m WR, 40 mm, white, gray or black dial, sapphire crystal ... You will be hard press to find better mechanical watch for less.
    http://www.amazon.com/Ball-NM2028C-L.../dp/B006ZAL3D2

Name:  944651d1358866005-fs-ball-engineer-ii-red-label-40mm-cosc-only-00-img_0623-800x598-.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  293.2 KB
    Last edited by RyanPatrick; December 4th, 2014 at 01:31.
    Ita likes this.
    Current Collection:
    Rolex GMT Master II 16710
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Seamaster PO XL Ref. 2500
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Ref. 3590.50
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chrono ETA G10.711.
    JS Watch Co. 101

Buy a Seiko five and invest the rest in a Vanguard index fund... Or get a bad ass Damasko with the Ice hardened bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    elbhombre likes this.

These "bang for the buck" questions seem a bit self defeating to me. If you are going to spend 2k on a watch, buy something you love, and are passionate about. If you just need something on your wrist to tell the time, buy a gshock (also a watch plenty of people get passionate about btw).

Spending large sums of money on a watch, passion should be involved, not a "bang for your buck" attitude. To me, the two attitudes are perpendicular.
    poised likes this.

Best bang for the buck has to be a Seiko Black Monster. It hits your requirements and will.leave you with $1.8k to spend on other watches.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information