Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MkII Mini-Review
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MkII Mini-Review

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MkII Mini-Review

I haven't seen anyone post photos of this watch yet, and the ones on the CW website definitely look retouched or CGI. Here's some real world photos. I've had the watch for a couple days now. First impressions are:
    -Quality Case and Band.
    -Lume is almost non-existent.
    -Very Comfortable. Wears a true 42mm.
    -Ronda 3540.D movement seems quality. All hands hit the hash marks perfectly. (pet-peeve of mine when they are off)

Name:  IMG_0267.jpg
Views: 5095
Size:  382.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0268.jpg
Views: 4756
Size:  325.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0269.jpg
Views: 4392
Size:  291.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0270.jpg
Views: 7459
Size:  359.7 KB

Re: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MkII Mini-Review

Very nice looking. I went to their site today, looking at the C60, and stumbled across the C7. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one. What are your subjective impressions...do you like it? I am looking for an everyday watch, and have been stuck between dress divers, like the Trident C60 and dressy watches like the Tissot Visodate. This might be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by GregBe View Post
    Very nice looking. I went to their site today, looking at the C60, and stumbled across the C7. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one. What are your subjective impressions...do you like it? I am looking for an everyday watch, and have been stuck between dress divers, like the Trident C60 and dressy watches like the Tissot Visodate. This might be perfect.
    I have seen both the C60 and the C7 in person now, and the C60 is a nicer watch, of course. Automatic movement, and love the wave pattern dial. I am a big fan of the Tag Carrera and the Omega Speedmaster, and I feel like the C7 has some styling cues from both, which is why I picked it up. I do like it, but I was hoping it would be "the one". The fabled watch that one develops a special attachment to, ending the hunt for new watches. Alas, this is not that watch for me. I am a frequent flipper, and this will probably end up on the sale forum in a couple months.

Nice looking piece. C Ward seems to have a knack of making nice chronographs with subtle racing themes.

I really wish that they had stayed with the old branding/logo, CHR.WARD tilts me to no end for some reason.
    LosTresGatos likes this.
    Current rotation:
    Chris Ward Malvern MKII|Panerai PAM111|Tissot PRC200|G-Shock Mudman|Breitling Avenger,Superocean Heritage 42|Mido Multifort
    Incoming:
    --
    Saving for:

--
    Gone:
    Seiko SKX009, Seiko Black Monster, Magrette Pacific PVD chronograph, Hamilton Pan Europ chrono, Seiko Sumo, TAG Heuer Formula 1 (orange),Ebel 1911 BTR chrono (red/black),Seiko Ananta chrono, Ebel Sportwave diver, Glycine Combat Sub (stealth), Glycine Combat Sub (orange/blue), Helberg CH6 bronze, Tudor Pelagos, Citizen Nighthawk PVD, Seiko Blumo

Quote Originally Posted by skorN83 View Post
    I really wish that they had stayed with the old branding/logo, CHR.WARD tilts me to no end for some reason.
    Bingo...reminds me of a British personalized plate saying "Coward"
    - Regards, Leonard
    Victorinox DM 500 Quartz Omega Seamaster Professional Ball Fireman Ionosphere Casio Edifice
    Rolex SeaDweller 16600 Hamilton Intramatic 38mm Zeno Pilot XL Skeleton Tag Heuer 2000 (Circa 1990)
    Edox C-1 Quartz Diver Kadloo Match Race Christopher Ward C60

I liked the old branding logo better as well.
    In the works: RGM '801 ES Motor Barrel'

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

i'm one of those weirdos that couldn't care less what a company's logo looks like. as long as they make a quality timepiece.

Banned

I like that Chr. Ward are doing quartz watches with traditional, and tasteful, dials and cases. That's a handsome chronograph.

Now if some brand would pick up the middle ground in the $1500 to $2000 range where traditional guilloch dial detailing, case and finish work could be offered with quality HAQ movements I would be sorely tempted. That's a market void I have long wondered about.

So many quartz Citizen and Seiko models are just off-looking one way or another and tend to limit their offerings to pure dress models.
    Last edited by marchone; October 20th, 2012 at 15:18.

I am also puzzled by the new logo. Very odd.

It's a shame they do not do this watch with an automatic movement. 350 for a quartz watch seems a little high. Resale value won't be much.

No one likes a company branding change initially but you totally get used to it over time. Marathon became Snickers, Wine Gums > Marnards, etc. No bother.
    Nomos Orion Datum, TAG Carrera, Tissot Visodate, 2012 & 2013 WUS CMW Forum Watch, f71 2013 Forum Watch, 1976 Seiko Bell-Matic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information