Thread: Chronograph Titus Gold 18 K. Case.

Chronograph Titus Gold 18 K. Case.

Here are some pictures I leave my new Titus Gold 18 K. Totally Original, this Titus geneve sealed in its bridge, ride a Landeron 48, I hope your comments, I hope you enjoy it.
    Alejandro a Greeting.

I invite you to visit my blog and participate in my survey: http://labohardilla.blogspot.com/

Re: Chronograph Titus Gold 18 K. Case.

i have a very similar watch made by EGONA, perhaps they were made by the same base company? mines 18k case looks the same as well as the chrono and pushers.

Many of those Landeron based chronographs have been made by a great number of watchmakers, often small private enterprises - and they may well have used not only the Landeron 48 (148/248) movements as a standard, but generally also bought cases and even dials from bigger producers - just getting their name on the bridge of the movement and on the dial

Many of the 18 K version would be very thin - onion skin type of gold - volnrable of dings - and that can often be seen from the fact that apart from the gold back - they will have an extra metal (brass often) back - inside the gold back

I cannot see from the example here if it has two backs or not.

Generally however, 18K chronographs of the time - in heavier gold cases - will not have two backs and will often have a columnwheel machine inside, rather than the Landeron 48 type

So it is natural than two such chronos looks much the same. They are very typical of their time , and collectable watches, but take care of the rather thin gold cases - if it has two backs

r
    Best regards
    Hannover_dk

Good info, tnx!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information