WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Collecting Speedmasters

564 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  timefleas 
#1 ·
Say you wanted to have a sub collection of 3-5 Speedmaster references, vintage or newer models, which would you buy?

To keep it relatively reasonable, let's say the max cost per watch is £5,000/$7,000.

For me, sticking with 3, I would go with a vintage 145.022, a FOIS and a Sapphire Sandwich.

#2 ·
Been there and done that. I had six at one point...sandwich, 57 reissue, broad arrow...in the end my favorite was a dead standard hesalite moonwatch with the earlier bracelet (no buttons). It's the only one I have today.

#6 ·
I almost bought an Alaska Project like 4 years ago, and regret I didn't today.
My favorite for a long time was the 35th anniversary Panda Dial (or a Mitsukoshi)
the last one... I guess need something with a black face, so would go with the FOIS, but I am curious if they'll be doing something great for the 50th anniversary.

#7 ·
I would go with 321 premoon speedy 105012 from 1965 or 145012 from 1966-1967 but those run ine the 6000-8000$ category

#8 ·
I'd like to have a sandwich, the traditional moonwatch & a Mark IV with a touch of color:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Reactions: Nikita70
#9 ·
I think the urge to buy several variations of a single watch style is one of the early stages in the evolution of a watch collector--most of us have done that in one form or another, at one time or another (same watch, different color/style dials, or one on the bracelet, one on the strap, etc.). However, most move on from this--too many other interesting things out there--my suggestion is buy the one you like the most and leave it at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.