The Complete List of Brands that Produce Automatic Watches with Swiss-Made Movements for <$1,000
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Complete List of Brands that Produce Automatic Watches with Swiss-Made Movements for <$1,000

-->
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Pen The Complete List of Brands that Produce Automatic Watches with Swiss-Made Movements for <$1,000

It seems to be a common trend lately to ask what the best automatic watch is for under a certain price (most commonly between the $800-$1,000 range). People often want the movement to be Swiss-made as well (i.e.: ETA based). I have pondered the answer to this question myself from time-to-time as well.

Everyone always responds with their own personal favorite watch within the price range, which is obviously a very subjective answer. I have interest in compiling a complete list of all the brands that make automatic watches with Swiss-made movements for under $1,000. This would allow anyone who is interested in the answer to that question to find their own favorite "best" watch from an objective point-of-view.

Here is the list of watch brands that I can think of off of the top of my head right now. I will update the list as you guys state more brands. I am basing the price off of new (non-used) gray market prices as well, since I think everyone can agree that a watch under $1,000 is still fine to get from a trustworthy vendor like Amazon - at least in my opinion.

Let's keep designer/fashion brands out of it too...

1. Tissot
    2. Hamilton
    3. Oris
    4. Swatch
    5. Mido
    6. Longines
    7. Certina
    8. Rado
    9. Victorinox
    10. Titoni
    11. Wenger
    12. Stowa
    13. Debaufre
    14. Steinhart
    15. Chase-Durer
    16. Lum-Tec
    17. Raymond Weil
    18. Christopher Ward
    Last edited by Rubberbands; May 31st, 2011 at 10:21.

Re: Let's Compile a List of Brands that Produce Automatic Watches with Swiss-Made Movements for <$1,

No, don't agree, grey market watches should not be included. "new gray market"?????

Re: Let's Compile a List of Brands that Produce Automatic Watches with Swiss-Made Movements for <$1,

Quote Originally Posted by Brisman View Post
    No, don't agree, grey market watches should not be included. "new gray market"?????
    Edited. I mean't as in non-used.

Well, let's see what other people prefer as well. I personally have no problem buying a gray market watch from a trustworthy vendor (i.e.: Amazon) if it is <$1,000.

Steinhart
    Longiens

The Collection:
    Grand Seiko, Spring Drive, GMT, SBGE005, 120003, Cal. 9R66, Omega, Museum, The MDs Watch, No. 1804/1938, 516.53.39.50.09.001, Cal. 3203, Omega, Seamaster Professional, Planet Ocean 600M, 232.30.42.21.01.001, Cal. 8500, Jaquet Droz, Grande Date, No. 8/8, J016933207, Cal. JD 26356.4 (Frederique Piguet base), Eterna, Air Force Chronograph, 8418.41.40.1106, Valjoux 7750, Steinhart, Aviation Pink Gold Carbon, A0702, Unitas 6498, Longines, HydroConquest Chronograph, L3.644.4, Valjoux 7750, Raymond Weil, Nabucco GMT Automatic, 3800-SCF-05207, ETA 2893-2, a few old Corums, and a vintage Zenith.

You can include wenger, swiss army and traser. I know STOWAs are german but are their movements swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberbands View Post
    Edited. I mean't as in non-used.

Well, let's see what other people prefer as well. I personally have no problem buying a gray market watch from a trustworthy vendor (i.e.: Amazon) if it is <$1,000.
    Fair enough, grey market is just very broad. Amazon is fine but there are a lot of dodgy dealers out there selling old stock (could be on the shelf for years), old models, no OEM warranty, no serial no's and fakes etc etc. I don't know if I would want to encourage the grey market to people that need the information your suggesting we could put together. I think the "grey market" might be for the more experienced and not for newbies that would require the info. on this thread. Just my thoughts.

WnS

There's also Accutron, Certina, Raymond Weil.
    I'm content with my watch collection

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

That is going to be a rather long list...

Precista
    Speedbird
    Smiths
    CWC
    Rado
    Titoni
    Sandoz (ch)
    Sandoz (hk)
    Sandoz (sg)
    Kronos
    Invicta
    Lum-Tec
    Aristo
    Nirvel
    Tourby
    Candio

There must be hundreds....
    Parit enim conversatio contemptum; raritas conciliat admirationem.- Lucius Apuleius
    est necessry, accurate ad secundo? - Lysander magna
    iustum est horologium - Obscurus Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    That is going to be a rather long list...

Precista
    Speedbird
    Smiths
    CWC
    Rado
    Titoni
    Sandoz (ch)
    Sandoz (hk)
    Sandoz (sg)
    Kronos
    Invicta
    Lum-Tec
    Aristo
    Nirvel
    Tourby
    Candio

There must be hundreds....
    I may have underestimated this one...

I updated the list with the better well-known brands only because I agree that there are so many.

Let me know if you guys think of any more!

Quote Originally Posted by darrell loban View Post
    You can include wenger, swiss army and traser. I know STOWAs are german but are their movements swiss
    No their movements aren't. They are German-made by Durowe.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information