Constantin Durmont - Huh?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantin Durmont - Huh?

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Constantin Durmont - Huh?

Have any of you guys heard anything about this company? I've seen some watches for sale with Tourbillon movements, gold casing, and even diamonds on the face at really good prices...

I can't find any info on the web that isn't in German - do they just make knockoffs or are they a legit watchmaking company?

Like for example - look at this this thing - it looks great but i don't want to end up with a quartz watch that just has a spinner inside to look like a tourbillon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxoeZyiFZnM

stuffler,mike

Re: Constantin Durmont - Huh?

No german manufacturer. Watches/movements from China.
    The COKPJGG0L0 is overpriced (1199 €, reduced 699) for a chinese auto even if gold plated.

On the other hand: You can get one with 10 diamonds (!) for 67,80 Euro.

thanks for the heads up and info!! i saw one on ebay with a buy it now of 1000 bucks haha

I thought i chuck my two penneth worth in seeing i've just bought one. I've been fancying a tourbillon for awhile but the costs had put me off, until i got mine on the Bay 2nd hand at a good price- but more of that latter. The Constantin Durmont brand is a German branded make with a Chinese movement cal 5051 made by the Liaoning factory. Its an inexpensive tourbillon hand wind movement compared to some of the other Chinese brands like Seagull used in the MINORVA watch brand. Here's a list of Chinese watch companies in this members link:-
    Chinese watch industry links

Name:  IMGP3849.jpg
Views: 16585
Size:  50.0 KBName:  IMGP3848.jpg
Views: 15063
Size:  33.7 KBName:  IMGP3847.jpg
Views: 14977
Size:  19.0 KB

Name:  71pVM-hsCiL__AA1200_.jpg
Views: 17192
Size:  73.0 KB
    I initially saw advertised on Amazon u.k for £545, then on the German Amazon site for EURO 445 [ cheaper ] but eventually pulled the trigger on this on Ebay for EURO 225 with postage. So what was going to be wrong with it ?- you never know what sort of problems you will encounter but this was a good German retailer with high feedback- so chanced it.
    When it arrived, i was suprised how much better it looked then the stock photo's. At 38mm exc crown [ 42 mm with crown] -its not a big watch, stainless steel case with rose gold plate, power reserve to 50 hrs, glass case back and of course the tourbillon movement which is very nice indeed. So ok it looks very nice -so how accurate is it. Once fully wound with the indicater at 50hrs reserve, i syncronised with my atomic G-shock to the second.
    For the first 24 hrs i wore the watch and it had gained +6 secs- which less face it is excellent. With the watch off my wrist it gained another + 2 sec over the next 8hrs but then - 2 secs over the next 8hrs. Obviously the watch was winding down and loosing its maximum torque. At this stage the watch the watch displayed 10hrs power reserve remaining [ 40hrs and only + 6 secs gain ] The watched stopped at 43hrs though and still showed 9hrs remaing- so there was the small technical issue. I can't complain and i am very happy with it. Effectively running at + 3.34 secs for 24hrs.
    At the end of the day this will be a dress suit / occasional diiner wear & so so i've got other watches for the heavy duty daily wear and i wont be too concerned with accuracy but i was expecting + 15 secs at least.
    Here's some more pics:-
    IMGP3849-crop | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    I will repeat the tests again later.

I'm 99.99999% sure these watches have nothing German, like 0%. This is another 100% Chinese watch company with a European name just to mislead people. It goes in the junk category for me just for trying to be something it's not and I would not expect it to be something else than overpriced junk. Just buy a real watch, money is to hardly earn to be spend on a wannabe watch. JMHO.
    ~ Daniel ~

Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    I'm 99.99999% sure these watches have nothing German, like 0%. This is another 100% Chinese watch company with a European name just to mislead people. It goes in the junk category for me just for trying to be something it's not and I would not expect it to be something else than overpriced junk. Just buy a real watch, money is to hardly earn to be spend on a wannabe watch. JMHO.
    Hi Daniel, yes i know what you are refering to by " real watch " but to be fair, i like to be impartial and speak as i find. This " Germasian " brand or traded from Germany but made in Asia/ China is good to be fair.Its nicely made, keeps good time, is a " real " flying tourbillon and is very competively priced. Lets face it, if i want to buy as you say a "real " tourbillon watch like Vacheron Constantin or Jaeger LeCoutre -we are talking big bucks. I own or have owned plenty of "real" watches, Panerai, Omega Seamaster, Jaeger and plenty of Asian made watches like Seiko, Casio G-shocks, Orient in my collection. This Chinese Tourbillon doesn't compete with my Seiko Monster [ made/assembled in Chinese or Malaysian factories ] or my Omega Seamaster, or keeps time any worse then them.

To clarify Constantin Durmont is made in China by Millionsmart Enterprises Ltd www.millionsmart.com with the movement from the Liaonong factory and distributed by German companies rebranded for the European markets.
    Trias watches of Germany is a typical Germasian watch brand with stamped " made in Germany"
    Products

McArthurs on Ebay distribute these watches based from Germany. URL removed

They get really good feed back on all thier Chinese made watches. Chinese watches have really stepped up to the plate in the last decade producing some top end watches for big watch companies arround the world, after all they already make / assemble everything else for us for top named brands like Sony for example.

There will always be the exclusive Swiss brands with high prices but if you want to own a Tourbillon watch at a great price what is the other alternative ?
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 9th, 2010 at 23:24. Reason: ebay url removed

Quote Originally Posted by verse214 View Post
    Have any of you guys heard anything about this company? I've seen some watches for sale with Tourbillon movements, gold casing, and even diamonds on the face at really good prices...

I can't find any info on the web that isn't in German - do they just make knockoffs or are they a legit watchmaking company?

Like for example - look at this this thing - it looks great but i don't want to end up with a quartz watch that just has a spinner inside to look like a tourbillon...

YouTube - Tourbillon Diamon Gold

Germasian brand. They may actually have a one room sales and distribution office somewhere in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by elliottest View Post
    Hi Daniel, yes i know what you are refering to by " real watch " but to be fair, i like to be impartial and speak as i find. This " Germasian " brand or traded from Germany but made in Asia/ China is good to be fair.Its nicely made, keeps good time, is a " real " flying tourbillon and is very competively priced. Lets face it, if i want to buy as you say a "real " tourbillon watch like Vacheron Constantin or Jaeger LeCoutre -we are talking big bucks. I own or have owned plenty of "real" watches, Panerai, Omega Seamaster, Jaeger and plenty of Asian made watches like Seiko, Casio G-shocks, Orient in my collection. This Chinese Tourbillon doesn't compete with my Seiko Monster [ made in Chinese factories ] or my Omega Seamaster, or keeps time any worse then them.

To clarify Constantin Durmont is made in China by Millionsmart Enterprises Ltd www.millionsmart.com with the movement from the Liaonong factory and distributed by German companies rebranded for the European markets.
    Trias watches of Germany is a typical Germasian watch brand with stamped " made in Germany"
    Products

McArthurs on Ebay distribute these watches based from Germany. MacArthur's eBay Store About My Store

They get really good feed back on all thier Chinese made watches. Chinese watches have really stepped up to the plate in the last decade producing some top end watches for big watch companies arround the world, after all they already make / assemble everything else for us for top named brands like Sony for example.

There will always be the exclusive Swiss brands with high prices but if you want to own a Tourbillon watch at a great price what is the other alternative ?
    Don't get me wrong Elliot, I own Chinese watches and I do agree with you, they do make good watches these days. They actually make parts for some Swiss companies, so yes, they must be able to do competent work. My problem is more with the cheap Chinese watches using European names and try to sell these as German watches or who knows. There are reasons why a tourbillon is so expensive. By trying to achieve such a complex mechanism for so cheap, they have to cut somewhere, this is a mirage! It's not real! I have tried a few affordable watches in the past, like Parnis. And even if some had a nice finish, decorated movements and look like $100000, I have been disappointed each time. There is always something not working properly. On yours, it seems to be the power reserve if I understand correctly. You simply cannot put a quality tourbillon watch at that price, i don't believe it. To each it's own and I understand that concept but I just cannot say go ahead and buy it, i don't think it would be right since I don't think it's a good watch. I don't know if you have yours for long and I hope it will serve you well for long time, but I doubt, I just cannot believe it, but it looks good and I'm happy for you if it's been good so far. I had too many bad experience and this is why I'm so negative now and I have totally lost confidence in these.
    Last edited by DM71; December 9th, 2010 at 22:49.
    ~ Daniel ~

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Germasian brand. They may actually have a one room sales and distribution office somewhere in europe.
    ...and sell under a variety of company names all based in Hamburg.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Hi Daniel,
    You make some valid points. I for one will be the first to jump up and down if it packs in after a few weeks..lol
    I've bought some real duds in this watch obsession hobby to date & [ too many bought & sold looking for the ideal collection]
    I see you have a grand collection of watches yourself [ including the humble Seiko's like myself - as we know fantasic value & build quality ]
    I'm hoping this wont be a " red herring brand " - but only " time " will tell........i know, i know...as if i dont have enough watches
    All the best.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information