D. Freemont Watches, anyone familiar?

Thread: D. Freemont Watches, anyone familiar?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

D. Freemont Watches, anyone familiar?

Kind of intriguing, although I would not say their website was totally informative. If nothing else some of their upper end stuff looks nice.

http://www.dfreemontwatches.com/

Re: D. Freemont Watches, anyone familiar?

Hi,

I got a Freemont last year, one of the Celtic watches, its a nice watch, well made, good feel to it.

I like them.

Tonyh
    Attached Images Attached Images

I personally have no experience with them, but someone recently posted about a rather poor customer service experience with them.
    This could of course be an isolated incident.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    I personally have no experience with them, but someone recently posted about a rather poor customer service experience with them.
    This could of course be an isolated incident.
    I have had good luck with d. freemont. I have some expensive watches and the freemont watches don't rate with my high end stuff I find them to be of excellent quality and they keep great time. I have the Celtic watch which I wear often. It is a great watch.

Any others have any experience with freemont watches
    2DARK Hardwood Watch Boxes are the real deal

New York City: "The city that never sleeps". If it got some sleep, it wouldn't look so crappy!

d.freemont is a small American company that designs their own watches and has them Swiss made-- probably from Davosa, or whoever supplies Davosa, since they are also Davosa's American AD. The watches are Swiss made, often with the higher quality ETA and Valjoux movements, and dials, hands, and cases designed and modified by the watchmaker David Freemont McCready. I have 5 d.freemont watches and they are incredible value for the money. Any other company would charge twice as much for these watches (especially for limited editions). d.freemont watches have a style all their own. The designs are often unusual, but always classy. I think each is a little work of art. d.freemont is also one of the few companies today still making watches under 38mm, for those of us with smaller wrists. They have great customer service. Your calls will usually be taken by Barbara, David's wife, and you can easily talk to the David himself about your watch. Each watch comes with a computer printout of the timing calibration test performed on the watch. They also let you pay by credit card in three installments (take that, shopNBC!).
    I have an:
    Ancyent Marinere (LE of 300)
    Panama (LE of 300)
    100 Years of Flight Commemorative (LE of 100)
    an orange dialed Rockefeller Center (no longer in production)
    and I just got a BTP (LE of 50), and it is gorgeous; with a unique grey dial, and a decorated, blue screwed, ETA 2804 mvmt.
    The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

I have their Panama which is the second in their Ancyent Marinere series. Before purchasing it, I had a long and interesting talk with David Freemont about the watch and watches in general. My watch came packaged with a copy of the poem 'The Ancient Mariner" which I had never before read!
    Call them just for the pleasure of talking with D. Freement.
    I also own a Davosa GMT [earlier version than now in their catalog].
    I think that both watches are excellent "buys" - good finish, reliable time keepers and my kind of style. Hope you enjoy yours if you decide to buy.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by selliott58 View Post
    Kind of intriguing, although I would not say their website was totally informative. If nothing else some of their upper end stuff looks nice.

http://www.dfreemontwatches.com/
    I didn't have a lot of money to spend so I bought one of D. Freemont's less expensive Skeleton WestWay models that used to be on his main site but can now be found On his site: www.jroyale.com. It's a manual wind that was also timed and calibrated before it was sent out, and I was able to talk to Mr. Mcready ( D Freemont) before the purchase. I paid 90.00 shipping included since at the time of my purchase their webmaster hadn't included shipping on the site ( his wife Barbara gave me the discount) and I was able to pay in 3 $30.00 installments. The watch has a really thick and luxurious dark tan leather band w/ a deployant buckle and it keeps really good time. It's beautiful for the price. I would recommend his pieces to anyone who wanted a good watch for a great price!

A follow up report on D.Freemont Watches

Since my original post I have traded back my Panama for a New Yorker and purchased a Sapphire GMT. Both are elegant watches. Also, had a problem with manually winding the NYer. Called David, sent it back to David, he returned it repaired along with the two defective gears! Cost - shipping only. My Davosa GMT continues to run well. Good people with whom to do business - and quite nice watches and value. They were written up about a year or so ago in WatchTime. Martin

Re: A follow up report on D.Freemont Watches

I have their Sapphire GMT and it is very well made. The only thing that was inferior was the strap and I replaced it with a Ginsler and it is superb.

I agree...David and Barbara are great people to deal with and the product is an unreal deal...much more watch than the dollars:
    kind regards,

scott

Ball Watch Collector

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thumbs Up D.Freemont Watches - more fine service

I see you have the original octagonal crown on your Sapphire GMT. I found it uncomfortable to use, so David kindly replaced it with a round one for me. Martin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information