Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gold wedding ring. SS watch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    beshannon

Re: Gold wedding ring. SS watch.

I have always preferred white gold and stainless steel. My wedding ring is white gold so all my ss pieces look fine

I wear a gold wedding band and various stainless steel watches. I wouldn't mind having a white gold or platinum band but at this point, I keep thinking that this ring has been with me over 15 years and I don't really want to replace it.

If I was robbed or lost it, I would replace with white gold or platinum band.

Quote Originally Posted by TagOnly4Now View Post

A gold band for a man is just a tool to let other women of ill-repute to stay away. Not meant to look great.

If that's the way you feel, why wear one at all? Lose the ring and just tell the 'other women of ill-repute' to get lost.

Problem solved.

Oh, wait, I'm guessing your wife won't understand your sudden aversion to wearing that symbolic ball-and-chain she shackled onto your finger on your wedding day.

Quote Originally Posted by gpjoe View Post
    If that's the way you feel, why wear one at all? Lose the ring and just tell the 'other women of ill-repute' to get lost.

Problem solved.

Oh, wait, I'm guessing your wife won't understand your sudden aversion to wearing that symbolic ball-and-chain she shackled onto your finger on your wedding day.
    Most women of ill repute wouldn't care if there was a ring or not and may even be attracted by it (that's why they have an ill repute!).
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

When I got married 18 years ago, gold was in, now silver or white gold is in.

Hey, tastes change, and if it bothers you as it did me, do something about it. If you still like the syle of your ring, you could have it platinum dipped. My wife just had hers done and it looks great. (may have to re-do it once a year - it can always removed if you change your mind)

Or, buy a new ring. You have to use your head though. My wife didn't like the idea at first, but I bought a cool contemporary matching ss set (Teno)and surprised her with both rings on our aniversay.

She rarely wears the new one since she had the originals dipped but thats ok with me because I couldn't be happier. Now my new ring look great with my doxa. I wish I was home to post the pics. Maybe later.

Jerry
    Last edited by Swan; November 19th, 2009 at 23:18.

I think a gold ring and SS watch look fine together.

I do notice though that at least 80% of the time when I've tried on a gold or gold/stainless watch, the salesperson says, "the gold in the watch goes well with your ring" . . . obviously a sales-type thing to say but also true I think.

Gold band and not a gold watch in the box. Never thought twice about it.

I have a hulking block of SS on my left wrist right now. Looks fine to me.

I own watches in SS, Ti, RG, YG and P...I have but one yellow gold plain wedding band...wear what you love.

Most of my wrist shots are...well...just wrist shots, and don't show the band.

Cheers,
    Rob

It's traditional for the men in my family to wear our wedding rings on the right hand. All my watches are SS or titanium and and are worn on my left wrist. Never a conflict.
    N
    Caveat lector

Quote Originally Posted by 2manywatchez View Post
    Gold band and not a gold watch in the box. Never thought twice about it.

I have a hulking block of SS on my left wrist right now. Looks fine to me.

That IS an impressive piece of SS. I can't make out the words on the watch face; what is the make/model?
    Dan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information