WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Has anyone bought a watch from Jomashop?

615K views 509 replies 364 participants last post by  paperwatch 
#1 ·
#70 ·
I just bought a Carrera Calibre 1 vintage at over 2k shipping wast fast, and product arrived in perfect condition and as advertised. service was very good and buying from them was a breeze. would recommend them.

#77 ·
It's actually 9.16/10. They have a very good rating on that site.

It seems like when there's a problem, it's a really bad problem, though.

#72 ·
I bought my Polar HRM from them with no problems at all. Use it almost daily for workouts. Arrived within 3 days of placing the order. Great price.

#74 ·
I just bought a Luminox before Christmas....It took a week to ship it (I'm in NY too.....) So I assume they did not have it in stock when I ordered. No big deal....great emails, great price, watch was perfect with all tags etc. I would buy from them again.

#80 ·
Yes, do not trust them. They sent me a BROKEN AND SCRATCHED watch and when I sent it back, they told me that they could not get me a refund. They also said they had "pictures to prove" that I broke the watch. Translation: Professional Scammers. How could they possibly have pictures, or WHY would they have pictures of the specific product? It showed up with a broken band. THIS IS NOT AN HONEST COMPANY. Pay the extra 20% and dont get screwed. I learned my lesson. Now I have a $450 useless watch. I would never recommend Jomashop to anyone.

#82 ·
I had ordered from Jomashop very recently, and was pretty anxious during my wait after reading some horror stories about them, regretting that I should have read the reviews before placing my order. Turns out they were very good, had I read those stories before purchasing through Jomashop I would have missed out on a great deal they were offering.

#83 ·
Weird, almost as if there's some kind of correlation between number of posts and experience with jomashop. 1000+ posts = positive, 50- = Negative

You'd think some of these accounts are perhaps shills for competitors. It would take a smart person to figure out who this would be.

/sarcasm

#84 ·
I bought some watch winders from Jomashop and they arrived within 2 weeks. My experiences with them have been positive so far but I would be cautious for purchases >$400. If something goes wrong, there's more at stake.

#87 ·
I just purchased a Casio Baby-G for the wifey from Jomashop. Delivered in 3 days with no problems at all. about 40% off MSRP.

#88 ·
Hi all,

Bring this dead thread to life! I am in Vietnam, i've just bot one Tissot Le locle from Jomashop quoted on Ebay. I don't know whether mine is fake or genuine so i am trying to find whether Jomashop trustworthy or not. Anyone can tell me their business in NY is legit or they are highly trusted or not?

#89 ·
just read the posts above. i have bought from them twice with no issues at all.

#90 ·
I ordered a watch and they said they shipped it. But UPS never acknowledged receiving it. I discussed that with Jomashop and they said that was not unusual.

Finally after several weeks and three more calls, they ordered a trace. After a few more weeks and a couple of more calls, they said they would refund my payment but I must wait for UPS to pay them before they would refund to me.

I complained that my order was with Jomashop, not with UPS and I should not be expected to wait for UPS. My money was refunded soon after that.

I called them about six times. None should have been necessary. They should have picked up the ball before the first call, but they did not. Nor did they carry the ball after each of the remaining calls. Each time I had to call them yet again.

#91 ·
Not that my word means much here considering I'm a newbie, but I've had nothing but positive experiences with Jomashop within the past few months.

I've purchased two watches that I didn't exactly care for after seeing them in person and I was able to return them without a hitch. Received my refund within a couple days after Jomashop got them back. My third watch from them was my Hamilton Khaki Auto that I'm very happy with. Everything was brand new and there's no question that they only sell authentic non-refurbished pieces.

I've since purchased another Hamilton Auto Chrono ($1000+) and a couple Casio G-Shocks for the wife and me for our upcoming beach trip. Again, everything went perfectly smooth and I couldn't be happier...especially with the deep discounted prices.

One thing I recommend though: call them up and check availability just before you order. I've never had an issue with availability, but they do recommend to check with them first so you don't have to wait. Either way, they won't charge you until they ship your item. Customer service is A+ (seriously, very nice guys) and I've never had a problem getting hold of them during business hours.

Just my 2 cents.

-Cody

#92 ·
I bought a $250 Citizen and transaction and price was great. My problem is that I have had this watch for 2 years not and it has some wear and tear on the glass and bezel. Nothing to signify that I have abused it. The watch is supposed to come with a 5 year warranty. I sent the watch into Joma to have them fix it because I have water build up on the inside of the watch and they said that it was out of warranty and the " the crown of this watch has been severely damaged causing water to enter the watch." Then they say that they have pictures to prove it. Obviously this company saves money by not backing their warranty. If you buy from them you do not receive the company's warranty for instance Citizen factory warranty. You get Joma shop's warranty instead. Which is how they save money. If you want to have a warranty worth something then do not buy from them. I could have spent 40 dollars more and have a watch I know would be covered by Citizen. Please email if you have any questions.

#93 ·
If you have an original Citizen with guarantee certificate why don't you take it to a Citizen AD who can send it to Citizen for repair?

#94 ·
In 2008 I purchased an Omega Planet Ocean XL, as it was a good price and the website stated it was in stock. A day after my purchase, they said it was back-stocked, and it would take another week. A week came and went, and after sitting on hold for 30+min. I was told another week... then another week... After over 3 weeks of run around I just cancelled the order altogether. The customer service is TERRIBLE. They will thug you over the phone and if it comes down to it, make you fight it with your credit card company. Not to mention, after you've made the initial sale, if you call more than once I feel as if they save your number and know not to pick it up- anytime I called after the first time, MINIMIMUM 30-45 minute hold times on the phone. Just for the guy to say it's coming in a few days/few weeks.

And be aware, they run multiple other online watch stores. I purchased a Gucci watch through the Amazon marketplace from WatchSavings.com... when I opened the package, there was a blatant, visible scratch on the strap. Not to my surprise, there was a coupon postcard inside the package for Jomashop.com. They returned it (because I called Amazon first and had them on my side), but the return/refund process took 2 weeks. Keep in mind anything I've ever returned to Amazon gets returned and refunded within 3-4 days tops.

Also, called around to track down an Omega PO again, called TimePiece.com and the routine sounded familiar on the phone, and when I asked "is this a JomaShop company?" they guy purposely walked around the question at his best by saying "no, we are affiliated with JomaShop, but we are a totally different company."

Maybe it's a great place to grab a deal on a G-Shock, but if you're going to spend serious money and you want to avoid the world's customer service experience, I would avoid the JomaShop company tree at all costs! (includes WatchSavings.com and Timepiece.com).

#96 ·
I'm in a little bit of an issue with them currently. I just bought a Zenith Captain Second Central that was $3,600, and after 1 day... the second hand keeps stopping at the 10 second mark. I've wound the watch 30 times by following the manufacturer's instruction, but the second hand keeps stopping around the 10 second mark until i shake it a bit.

I'm asking for a replacement, but I have to first go through their "RMA inspection" process for which I have to pay the shipping back to them. They said they would refund my shipping cost upon inspection. So I'm hoping this will go smoothly, as I'm thinking whomever they source this watch from gave them a returned product which was broken in the first place. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress with them.

It's pretty disappointing to get a defective product that's over $3k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.