WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Has anyone bought a watch from Jomashop?

615K views 509 replies 364 participants last post by  paperwatch 
#1 ·
#99 ·
I'm absolutely sure Jomasshop is advertising watches on sale that they do not carry. I was looking for a Seiko Ananta sps006. This is a Spring Drive Chronograph that retails for $6400. I've been looking very hard for awhile and the best I could find was $4800. But I googled the product and price and low an behold Jomashop had it for $3295. Of course when I called they were out and would not get anymore in.

#102 ·
Way to resurrect a thread. I commented on this 2 years ago lol

I recently purchased my Mom a gift from them. Smooth transaction.

My secretary sent this

#107 · (Edited)
I have and it was a good experience up until the watch they sent me had a small nick in the case. Shipping was quick fast and easy. the return process, having to pay 20 dollars to ship the watch back and dealing with horrible CS is almost not worth it. all in all the watch cost me about 25 dollars more than I paid upfront because it was about 20 dollars to ship it, then they accidentally refunded me my money instead of doing an exchange and refunded me about 5 dollars less than what I paid for it. Every time I called CS I was on hold for over 20 minutes.

#108 ·
I had a very similar experience. I was sent a watch with a mark on the dial, so I returned it. I had to pay return shipping. CS on the phone was terrible with the rep constantly giving attitude, and they "didn't offer an exchange on that watch" so I was refunded. The whole process took forever.

#111 ·
Bottom line: Legit watches at excellent prices. However, if you need to return a watch that was shipped to you, it's going to be a major headache and a half because Jomashop's customer service is a sad, pathetic, joke.

Realize the major benefit along with the major disadvantage of using Jomashop. Then decide if the benefit outweighs the potential headache.

Reactions: sam0840
#112 ·
I tried to buy a watch from them over the holidays, but I live in Canada and wanted it shipped to my US office address. I've done this with various other vendors by putting a "delivery address" on file with my credit card company. Joma doesn't like when you do this, so I added a note to my order specifically telling them how to verify with my credit card company that this is a legit order.

Anyways, yes it was the holidays, but it took them a week of sitting on the order to email me asking me to call them. I called, and their voice prompt system told me due to heavy call volume I should call back another time. I emailed to ask them to just cancel the order and went to a local AD to buy the watch instead. About another 10 days later I finally got a call from a human asking what I wanted to do, and I confirmed I wanted to cancel the order. It's costing me an extra hundred bucks from the AD but at least I'll get a real warranty.

tl;dr - Great prices, but don't try to do anything tricky or expect customer service over a heavy shopping period.

#114 ·
Funny this thread should pop up.

My fiance gifted me a visodate as a christmas/birthday present. She purchased it with the holiday discount plus free over night shipping for it to arrive on christmas eve. The watch didn't show up until two days after christmas and when it did it stopped running after being on my wrist for only 30 minutes. We then proceeded to ship it back to Joma and deal with their crap customer service (one rude gentleman tried convincing us we did not know how a mechanical watch worked). The watch sat at their warehouse for a week before they sent another one out.. luckily it arrived the day of my birthday and this one works, but i swear I will never order from that company again. This is the second time I've had a bad experience with this company and will be the last.

#117 ·
Just to add another data point since we're all sharing, I ordered the Casio G-shock Altithermo in my sig from them 2 or so years ago. I remember reading the earlier posts in the thread and ordered as a test to see what the experience would be like with the intention of possibly ordering a more expensive watch from them at some point in the future. The transaction went quite smoothly as I recall and the watch still functions quite well. I would order another watch from these guys if they had a good enough deal on something I wanted.

#118 ·
I have nothing negative to say about their prices or the authenticity of the watch I received(other than it came damaged) but its the CS that is horrible. I think from now on if I am not saving 100 or more dollars i'll probably not deal with them again

#119 ·
if you buying a cheap watch under 200, its probably gonna be in stock. If you buying a luxury watch for in the thousands, they probably cant afford to stock them all, so they take your cash and delay the order. Joma is big on ebay, more likely those ones would be in stock.

#124 ·
Any business owner will tell you ratings can be bought at the BBB.

But jomashop is legit.

sent from my Note 3

Reactions: c0sin
#126 ·
I've bought a few watches from Jomashop after spotting a deal (a pair of Seikos and a Citizen, and not necessarily in that order.)

They are still on my personal "trusted vendors" list as I've gotten what I ordered, in great shape, as described, and fast.

#127 ·
Talk about a 8 year bump to a thread! lol.

But, because it's back on the front page.......I ordered last week from Joma. Ordered on Thursday. They didn't bother to ship the watch until the next Tuesday. Funny how, even on the phone, they say "we'll ship your watch within 24 hours of ordering!"

Yeah, no.

I won't be ordering anything from them in the future.

#128 ·
Talk about a 8 year bump to a thread! lol.

But, because it's back on the front page.......I ordered last week from Joma. Ordered on Thursday. They didn't bother to ship the watch until the next Tuesday. Funny how, even on the phone, they say "we'll ship your watch within 24 hours of ordering!"

Yeah, no.

I won't be ordering anything from them in the future.
Once again.... Grey Market, Real timepieces only, excellent savings over buying from an A.D., piss poor customer service.

That's Jomashop in one sentence. It's easier if you know exactly what you're in for. Like dating a gorgeous, sophisticated, woman who turns into a mean drunk if she starts drinking. You know what to expect. Date her if you wish. If you see a drink in her hand; you know what you're likely in for, later in the night.

#133 ·
Huh...

The watch I have on my wrist right now I ordered online from Jomashop this past Sunday (3/23/14.) I had the watch in my hands on Wednesday, 3/26. I placed no phone calls, sent no "hurry up!" emails... Just let the system work after sending payment and there it was.

*shrugs*

Reactions: jackrobinson
#136 ·
If the main issue is authenticity.... No worries buying from Jomashop.

The shop has earned an absolutely rock-solid reputation for dealing in only genuine timepieces with often excellent savings. You can get, for example, a TAG Heuer Aquaracer WAN2110 model for $2500 at an AD. Even with the best discount that you could realistically get at one, you can easily get a significantly better discount at Jomashop. I saw one a little while back listed at the shop for $1200, brand new.

Now I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way you're getting a genuine, brand new, WAN2110 from an AD for that low. Not even if they recently lost their AD status, were going Out Of Business, and needed to sell off their remaining inventory. Once again, the watch is going to be genuine and in new condition. So what's the issue?

No factory warranty? Fair enough. But the shop offers their own warranty. The savings are absolutely worth dealing with any potential customer service issues. Why throw away, in this case, $1300 by going to an AD?

Reactions: Leporello
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.