WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Has anyone bought a watch from Jomashop?

615K views 509 replies 364 participants last post by  paperwatch 
#1 ·
#210 ·
When joma states usually shipped within 1-2weeks, what's your experience with them?

has anyone shipped to canada? Was it received quickly??

#211 ·
Hi all. I've been lurking for a while getting useful information here. I am a newbie to the watch "game" and wanted to express my recent experiences with Jomashop. I emphatically would NOT recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase a mid to high luxury watch. I know the reviews were mixed here but this has been absolutely the worst experience I've had with an online dealer of any kind. My first attempt a few months back I ordered an automatic Hamilton Jazzmaster and it came relatively quickly albeit I was surprised to see that it arrived in an amazon box. So I'm like skeptical and lo and behold the item appeared to be tampered with. Manual was old and protective covering was missing in the front. A bit upset as you would have imagined but was like what the hell and tried it on. After attempting to tighten the wrist the entire wrist band snapped off. Incredible. So I returned it and bought it from a smaller AD. So I wanted to give them another shot most recently and they had a great deal on the Tissot PRC 200. This time I called and explained my situation the last time and explicitly told them I wanted it via Joma and not Amazon because of the prior situation. They assured me on several occasions it would come via "their" warehouse in NY since it was in stock. So I went ahead and ordered it. Still skeptical, I received the shipping information and guess what, it was being shipped out of Indiana (i.e. Amazon). So I'm pissed off and contact a manager and he gives me the run around that everything will be copacetic despite me stating that your company assured me it was coming out of NY directly. I argue that shipping to any third party pose the risk of tampering. At this time I wanted a full refund but since it had been shipped I had to wait for the product to get here. He gets upset and hangs up the phone on me. Great customer service here by the way. So I wait a few days hoping that things may be different this time but in my head I knew otherwise. Package arrives with neither the amazon nor joma shipping box which was perplexing. Opened the shipping box and the tissot box looked relatively new. But I opened the tissot box itself to only find it empty with the instructions only inside. Amazing. So I call and give them hell and stated that I wanted a full refund and would never do business with them again. Of course they have to do an "investigation" within 7-10 business days before I get credited. Please stay away from these crooks and just order from a small AD where you can get discounted MSRPs. I know others wrote of their experience being positive but I'm not sure how that came about and if they work for Joma themselves. Hopefully the refund process will be quick like last time but I doubt it since the product was never shipped to me at all. I will pick up the PRC 200 from my prior AD in the future. I threatened to go to the BBB if the matter isn't resolved promptly and fairly.

#213 ·
I think of this thread as more of an experience compendium - it's always good to have first-hand accounts which ultimately equate to YMMV!

Knowing all of the above, I recently bought a B&M Capeland Flyback Chrono from Joma. My experience was positive, in that everything went smoothly. Granted, I didn't need to, nor have had reason post receipt of the watch, to call them. Based on the above, I would expect crappy service, and I guess I'm OK with that.

These reports do make me hesitant use them again, regardless of pricepoint. In essence, I'm grateful for the stories posted here to help our community be as well-informed as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#214 ·
Ordered a watch a month ago, didn't say that it was sold out. Get an email that evening that it's backordered 3-4 weeks.

That's okay, I can probably with waiting considering the price.

Two days later, I get an email telling the me the wait is only 1-2 weeks now, woohoo! However, I now sit here with no progress.

Livechatted with cs on Monday morning (4wks from order) and was told they'd ask their supplier what the holdup is, & that they'd get back to me when they heard. 50+ hours later I have nothing.

Now I'm leaving the country for a couple of weeks next Friday morning, and it looks like it'll be another month before I get to have it on my wrist.

#215 ·
So it is August now and after their "investigation" I was told that a refund would be provided to me almost 2 weeks ago. Note that I had to call numerous times to even find out the outcome of their investigation and wasn't notified either email or phone initially. After calling again today to find out why my card had not been credited, I was told by an agent that the refund was never processed at all on their end. Amazing. Agent said they will expedite the refund today and offered apologies. Basically, if I had not done my due diligence on my end I would have never received my credit (I'm not even sure about that until I see it with my own eyes). Again, this company is horrendous and can't believe the level of incompetence. I did purchase my Tissot PRC from my local dealer with no problems. I definitely still recommend avoiding this company.

#217 ·
I've ordered a bunch of not too pricey watches from them (my in-laws love Skagens). Most expensive ones I got were some Tissot PRCs. Never had an issue. I think they're NY based so even economy shipping was always very quick for me.
Would I buy something super pricey like an IWC or Rolex from them? Probably not, I'd be willing to pay a slight premium for a brick and mortar purchase for something like that.
But otherwise, no complaints here.

#225 · (Edited)
I ordered a Certina watch ($500) from Joma at noon last Tuesday. Received UPS shipping confirmation at 4:00pm, shipped from Brooklyn, NY and got the watch 2 days later. Everything looked perfect and price and free shipping was great. Price was about $150 less than an online AD in Europe. Of course, this watch included the 2-year Joma warranty and not the official manufacturer warranty.

It's a trade-off between low price, possibility of needing warranty and customer service. And it all depends on the price of the watch and the risk you're willing to take. If you buy a $100 watch and it turns out bad, I wouldn't care all that much. A bad experience with $500 watch would suck but I wouldn't be loosing sleep over it.

I also bougth a $150 Seiko from them a year ago. Same experience with quick shipping and brand new watch as expected.

FWIW, their shipping address for my recent order ahows the Brooklyn Army Terminal.

The Brooklyn Army Terminal is a large complex of warehouses, offices, piers, docks, cranes, rail sidings and cargo loading equipment on 95 acres (380,000 m2) between 58th and 63rd Street in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, New York City. It was the largest military supply base in the United States through World War II, and was later redeveloped for commercial use.

#226 ·
They are the only grey market dealer with which II have actually gotten angry. They advertised a price for a watch, good till a certain date. Two days before the date, the price went up. Not out of stock. The price just went up. I called and asked them to honor their price. It did not happen. I would still buy from them, but I consider their actions stupid.
I prefer Ashford. I have returned several watches to them that I did not like in the flesh. I have kept several others. Always pleasant to deal with. I just returned a Hamilton to them that had a small scratch in the bezel. I had the new one in 6 days at my door. Flawless.

#227 ·
I ordered a Tissot watch for my wife from Jomashop (Tissot Classic Mother of Pearl Dial Brown Leather Ladies Watch T0872075611700 - T-Classic - Tissot - Shop Watches by Brand - Jomashop). Watch arrived quickly, was in new/excellent condition, etc. No complaints, really. I think no matter where you look, you'll always find that someone's had a bad experience with any retailer.

I'm thinking about ordering a Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT watch from them sometime, if it'll still be in stock when I get around to it anyway. If not, oh well.

#229 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just placed an order, AT8020-03L, hopefully it ships today or tomorrow. (Spoke w/ them prior in the week and was told it's through UPS so I'm hoping no problems. I took the free shipping and was told it should take 3-4 days for where I'm located).
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Useless stuff here, but I also got some kind of Norton Shopping guarantee on this. I like the $100 Lowest Price Guarantee: "If the published store price drops, Norton Shopping Guarantee will pay you the difference, up to $100." Their site does have a minimum change of $5. (Unless it's closer to $50+ don't expect me to go through the hassle though).

#231 ·
So, I noticed my watch had not shipped yet. Thus, I went ahead and called Jomashop and wanted to know where things where at.

I was on hold for about 5-7 minutes. To my surprise a nice knowledgeable lady picked up the phone and told me exactly where things were at. The watch is being acquired in Kentucky, it will go to Jomashop in New York then it will take 3-4 days to ship from there. We spoke about shipping rates, order tracking, etc.

I was genuinely surprised at how knowledgeable she was. I would've liked to have my watch sooner, but all together a good experience so far.

Reactions: hantms
#233 ·
I bought a Baume Mercier Capeland from Joma recently, and the chronograph pusher made a loud "snap" sound about two weeks later. The chrono function stopped working altogether. I then Pulled out the crown, and the entire watch stopped working, to my horror. I had already read plenty of horror stories about Joma's CS, and almost considered sending it back to Baume direct. But after contacting Joma they kind of calmed me down and I thought "hey, it's just an ETA movement, should be easy to service".

I was bummed it would take 6 weeks under Joma's warranty, but was pleasantly surprised when I got the watch back fully working in only around 3 weeks. All-in-all, I was very impressed by Joma's customer service, and will definitely be buying any watches with non-inhouse movements from them in the future. Not sure if I'd risk it with a more complicated/expensive watch though.

Reactions: Spirit of the Watch
#235 ·
I haven't had any QC issues with them. What has pissed me off in the past was they will have a sale and you load it in your basket. You pay and get an email receipt. Then you find out they didn't really have the watch in stock and you have to wait for their back order to come in. Other than that, smooth as silk :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#238 · (Edited)
I haven't had any QC issues with them. What has pissed me off in the past was they will have a sale and you load it in your basket. You pay and get an email receipt. Then you find out they didn't really have the watch in stock and you have to wait for their back order to come in. Other than that, smooth as silk :)
I guess that's just the way it works.. They have thousands and thousands of watches on their site, and I really don't think they hold actual stock for all but some best sellers and specific promotions. Everything else is probably in the shape of an agreement with various dealers all across the continent, who will drop the right box off a truck when an order comes in.

Pretty good model; they got to find those savings somewhere..

#236 ·
I purchased 7 watches from them since the last 8 year, 1 omega, 4 tag Heuer (3 in the last 3 months) , and 1 Raymond Weil, they all look good no issue and they are authentic, They are good well know seller, I lve tem and always buy rom them, google for their coupon, save me $50 twice. I am going to buy 1 more tag for my wife son for Xmast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.