WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Has anyone bought a watch from Jomashop?

615K views 509 replies 364 participants last post by  paperwatch 
#1 ·
#241 ·
If a watch works right out of the box, then chances are it's going to keep working. Though I tend to think that any major problems will show themselves in a handful of days of consistantly wearing a new watch.

Reactions: Z123
#242 ·
If you remove tags or size it etc they won't take it back. I think in the website it's a 30 day return policy. I have bought several watches from them and returned one because I didn't like it in person. They have been excellent to deal with and I plan on buying a few more in the next couple weeks once I see their Black Friday deals

#245 · (Edited)
I just received a Bulvova ladies diamond Quartz watch from Jomashop, shipping to Australia was a little slow but that is more USPS than Jomashop, next time I may elect to use the express option. Definitely looks to be a more expensive watch than the $70 USD I paid.

They also included a voucher for $20 off with spend of $300+ (excluding flash sale and deal a day items) I won't be able to use it as it is only valid for 30 days but thought someone here may be able to make use. It is for one use only so first come first serve.

PC20W2CCBFDF

#246 ·
I'm considering using them to purchase an Omega, you can see the model I'm looking for on my wishlist here.

Anyway. I went to the Omega Boutique to handle it in person and I love it. $8200 MSRP.
From what I understand boutiques are the manufacturer's store right? Not likely to discount would be my guess.
The closest AD is about 150 miles away from me (the boutique was 60+ miles too). Are there ADs that ship, and what's the likely discount from one.

Jomashop offers this one for 37% off, as does Authentic Watches. For a few hundred, or even close to $1000 I'd probably buy from an AD.
But we're talking about over $3000 off here.

Advice welcome.

#248 ·
First: YMMV based on the nature of any grey market dealer.

Second: It appears the collective sentiment here is that you should be OK. I think we beat this one up pretty good :) My personal experience with Joma has been positive, but understand I've never needed post-sale service nor have I encountered any shipping anomalies, also a plus, on multiple purchases. Most recent was over $3K wo incident. Watch is awesome and as expected.

FWIW, I know ADs will ship to you, which in some states helps as a sales tax offset. You can give them a call, they'll take your CC info and deliver to you. My experience is they will likely only ship to the billing address of the CC used.

Good luck on your decision & purchase!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

#249 ·
So far my experience has not been good. On 11/23 I placed an order for an Oris Divers Sixty-Five. The site says the watch usually ships in 1-2 weeks. Here we are nearly a month later and still no watch. Not long after placing the order I received an e-mail saying the watch is on backorder for 2-3 weeks. Two weeks later I emailed Jomashop to check on the status and they sent me an e-mail saying it's going to be another 1-2 weeks. I called them a few days ago and spoke to a man who said he needed more time to find out why the watch was taking so long to arrive. He said he'd e-mail me when he got more info. Still no word from him. I then live chatted with a customer service rep who said the watch would be arriving at Jomashop by late next week which is code for after Christmas. I asked the rep why it was taking so long and the rep just ignored me. Needless to say I'm not happy and will most likely never give them my business. I don't mind waiting. What I don't like is false advertising and feeling like I'm being strung along.

#251 · (Edited)
I spoke to them a few minutes ago. Apparently they updated the status of the order on 12/14 saying the watch will be in stock in another 3-5 weeks. I was never notified of this. The rep suggested to switch the watch for the version with the brown fabric strap as I ordered the watch with a black tropic strap. She checked to make sure they had the watch in stock which of course they didn't and that watch too is on backorder for another 3-5 weeks. The kicker is that she told me they've sold a bunch of those (brown fabric strap) over the last month. My head nearly exploded. I canceled my order and told them how terrible that was not to notify me of the other watch when I've inquired multiple times about my order. NEVER AGAIN.

#250 ·
My one and only experience with Jomashop was when I bought a Citizen World Timer. The watch (listed as new in box) came without the customary plastic film on the crystal/case back. The bezel had a ding on the edge next to the crystal. The exchange was quick and painless but the replacement watch was also missing protective foil albeit it was undamaged. Ultimately the experience was positive but left me a bit suspicious of Jomashop's practices.

#256 ·
I purchased a Seiko SKXA35 from Jomashop via Jet.com. The watch arrived to me in 2 days. It was a SKXA35 with a Nov 2015 production date(which is the latest production batch) it came with everything. I am satisfied with my purchase.

I just place an order for 2 Seiko SRP713 watches and a Seiko 5 with Jomashop today, so I should see them at some point. The East Coast just got rocked with 2-4 feet of snow(including NY where Joma is located) and most roads are shut down so orders maybe delayed for a few days due to this.

#260 ·
Hello,

I'm a new member, but I've been lurking and using the site to get information when needed. Really appreciate the amount of valuable information.

I'm considering an Omega from Jomashop and reading this thread has been helpful. Funnily enough, though, now that it is time to pull the trigger I still have reservations about using them. I've used them before for much less expensive watches and have not really had any issues to speak of.

Anyway, on to a question, or two:

Should there be any additional concerns if a watch is on "flash sale"? Does that imply a "clearance" and potentially a substandard product?

Best,

Kenny

#261 ·
Hi all.. I am a new member as well and just signed up to have my say about Jomashop.

I am quite honestly surprised to see some of the negative experiences that some of you have had (yes over the last 9 years). I have purchased 6 watches from them so far. Albeit, none of them as expensive as some of your watches. I buy mostly Fossils, Invictas and Marc Jacobs. I am from Singapore. I usually have them shipped locally within US to our courier who then ships to Singapore.

Luckily enough, I never had any issues at all. My shipment takes about 4-5 days to reach the local courier service and then from there another 4-5 days to be shipped to Singapore. So its pretty fast I guess. There was one watch which was listed as ships in 1 week and it had not shipped after 5 days. I did a live chat with them and asked them about its status and was told that it will be shipped later that day as it was to be restocked that day. And true enough it was sent that evening. I usually skip the watches which have "ships in 2-3 weeks" as this is too vague for me and its as good as out-of-stock at that moment.

In any case, think about this, if they have been alive for almost a decade now, I think they must be having more customers who had a good experience rather than bad :)

By the way, I am obviously not affiliated to Jomashop in any way. Heck, I am not affiliated with any shop.. I just love watches :D

#262 ·
I just had a disturbing thing happen... I was checking out an old order and looking at a couple watches on Jomashop.com.... I got off their page and was doing something else when in comes and email from them and the subject was "Were you just checking us out?"

Holy big brother....

#263 · (Edited)
This is a pretty common, or at least growing, eCommerce tactic. Many sites including Amazon, My Habit, etc have enabled the capability to soft track a user even if they aren't logged in and then "remind you" via email that thing you clicked on is just waiting to come home :) Anything to keep themselves at the forefront of your...everything!

PS - I used to work for a bit eComm shop and we did this too. And received many many complaints about it, but the number of sales it drove readily outweighed them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Reactions: dcdude
#265 ·
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I bought a Tissot recently from Jomashop as a surprise for my husband. It just arrived tonight, but I'm a little concerned about the packaging. The Tissot box was inside a slightly larger shipping box with no passing around it whatsoever. And, the watch wasn't even sitting around the pillow thing that comes inside of the Tissot box (the pillow was there, but the watch was just sitting next to it, loose, like it maybe came off the pillow). There was also this little black bag the *looks* like it should have been encasing the pillow and watch, but it too was just sitting inside the box next to the watch. So there's the watch just loose, with a bit of plastic on it, sure...but otherwise unrprotected. It's an automatic, and I'm just not sure how fragile the movement might be, and am worried a bit about its journey, considering. Thoughts?

#269 ·
Hi Klynnf, welcome to WUS!
Automatic movements are much more hearty than most people think. A modern movement can take quite a bit of abuse, close to the recoil of a rifle or repeated shock of a jackhammer. It's unlikely that the watch was ruined just because it had come off the pillow and might have been jostled a bit. Is the case itself damaged? Do you see any scratches or dings or other signs of wear?

The easiest way to tell if the movement is OK is just to wind it up (turn the crown clockwise ~30 turns if it is not a screw down crown, unscrew the crown until it pops and then turn it clockwise if it is a screw down crown), then set the time compared to an atomic clock or time.gov, then let it run for a day and see how it's performing. If it's within 15 seconds fast or slow in a 24-hour period it's fine. If it's vastly off from that (1 minute or more) it's been damaged and needs to be sent back, at Joma's expense. If it's between 15 seconds and a minute, we may have to have more information, or you may need to try to monitor it for a week or so to see if it "settles down."

Best of luck, and keep us apprised!

#266 · (Edited)
I just purchased my first watch from Jomashop Wednesday of last week. Was wanting it before the weekend as I had a small trip planned.
Knowing this, I ponied up for the two day shipping to the tune of $18. Granted, not a huge expense but still a larger fee than using their free ship code.

I was surprised to see the status on Thursday evening as processing. I only checked on it as I would have figured paying for 2nd day air I should have received the shipped email with a tracking number?

I immediately sent them an email wondering why the watch was showing processing after a full 24 hours after my order. Reminded them I had paid for 2nd day air delivery for an upcoming trip.
No response from them at all. Received the shipped email the next day (Friday) with delivery for Monday.

I am not going to press the issue but to say I'm a little disappointed with their delivery methods would be an understatement.
When ordering an in stock watch and paying for 2nd day air, I would assume the watch would have left out on Thursday instead of Friday. Lesson learned on my part. Not sure how much of my business they will receive in the future?

#267 ·
I just purchased my first watch from Jomashop Wednesday of last week. Was wanting it before the weekend as I had a small trip planned.
Knowing this, I ponied up for the two day shipping to the tune of $18. Granted, not a huge expense but still a larger fee than using their free ship code.

I was surprised to see the status on Thursday evening as processing. I only checked on it as I would have figured paying for 2nd day air I should have received the shipped email with a tracking number?

I immediately sent them an email wondering why the watch was showing processing after a full 24 hours after my order. Reminded them I had paid for 2nd day air delivery for an upcoming trip.
No response from them at all. Received the shipped email the next day (Friday) with delivery for Monday.

I am not going to press the issue but to say I'm a little disappointed with their delivery methods would be an understatement.
When ordering an in stock watch and paying for 2nd day air, I would assume the watch would have left out on Thursday instead of Friday. Lesson learned on my part. Not sure how much of my business they will receive in the future?
Just a little food for thought, you chose a shipping method not an expedited handling method. What does their website state with regard to the handling of an order? Do they promise to get orders shipped out in 5, 10, 24 hours or do they even specify? As an example I ordered a watch on Friday and I still haven't received a shipping notification (from a different vendor). Jomashop probably has a fair volume of orders per day that they most likely process in the order they were received.

#270 ·
I just ordered my Certina DS Action quartz from Jomas. Certina has zero distribution in the US save for an MSRP boutique in Vegas. The price was great. I looked a month ago, and the site said that the watch was was out of stock and expected in 2-3 weeks. I checked last week and the site indicated that the watch was back in stock. I pulled the trigger on Tuesday July 12th, and received it in my office on Friday, July 15th. Everything looked good. The only nit was that one of the hinges on the box was tweaked so it doesn't close perfectly. So far, happy.

#273 ·
Well, I got my 2nd watch from Joma a few days ago-my wife's anniversary gift. All is well except the box was a little smashed in one corner. Don't think it happened during shipping as the big brown box was not damaged. Oh well, no big deal as long as the watch is fine. And my 1st Joma purchase-Eco Drive diver's-everything was perfect with that one.

#275 ·
Just chiming in to share my recent Jomashop purchase, ordered a G-Shock Mudmaster GG 1000 from them for an amazing price and got it shipped to me way faster than expected, packaging intact and all. The only thing was that the watch I ordered had the black color strap pictured, but the model number for the green strap. I wanted the green and that is what came, so it all worked out but I would pay attention to model numbers when ordering.

I actually inquired about the discrepancy, but did not hear back from them until the day after I received the watch (to be fair they were "on vacation" for two days.) As I plan to keep the watch I see this as the extent of my interactions with Jomashop for this particular order, I would consider my overall experience for this transaction satisfactory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.