WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Has anyone bought a watch from Jomashop?

615K views 509 replies 364 participants last post by  paperwatch 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Let me get this straight:

1) they are NOT members of the BBB
2) despite this they responded to all but 1 complaint through the BBB and resolved ALL of them satisfactorily
3) with ONE unresponded to complaint they are "Unsatisfactory"?

Get REAL. I've never dealt with JomaShop but I'd take the experience of the multiple members here over information like that available at the NYC BBB site any day of the week.

#9 ·
I've purchased two watches from Jomashop. Both transactions went flawlessly and the watches (latest - Citizen Calibre 2100 for roughly 1/2 list price) have been great. Delivery was quick, too.

Only thing that may be a negative - I seem to remember someone here claiming that Jomashop sold grey market watches. I've no proof of that, and it was a while ago, so take it for what it's worth. I know that my personal experience has been great and I'd buy from them again - grey market or no...|>

#10 ·
I've purchased two watches from Jomashop. Both transactions went flawlessly and the watches (latest - Citizen Calibre 2100 for roughly 1/2 list price) have been great. Delivery was quick, too.

Only thing that may be a negative - I seem to remember someone here claiming that Jomashop sold grey market watches. I've no proof of that, and it was a while ago, so take it for what it's worth. I know that my personal experience has been great and I'd buy from them again - grey market or no...|>
Well pretty much any internet site selling watches for which they are not A.D.'s is selling gray market watches aren't they?
Perfectly legal, just annoying to the manufacturers to an extent.

#13 ·
I have bought from jomashop.com many of times and also my friends and family members as well. They are fast in shipping, i.e. I am located in NJ and they are located in NY. I will get the watch within two days of placing the order. Every piece has arrived in excellent condition and well packaged. I would buy from them again with no hesitation!

- Garrett

#15 ·
Just tried to order a watch from them - no luck. But - got lots of warning signs, so I did a little research.

(I've been burned once before by one of those New York luxury-goods dealers, and now know how they work. Great prices -- but just TRY to return something, sucka.)

Their address is a UPS store which offers rental mailboxes - so good luck, JCKolNturn, visiting their office. Their website registration is similarly masked. Many people have complained about incredibly difficult returns, failure to repair, refusal to accept a return of incorrect merchandise, etc. Others have suggested that many of the "glowing" reviews have been (ahem) planted. I have no opinion on whether that's true or not - just repeating what I read.

JomaShop.com is owned, as far as I can tell, by Zuckers Gifts, of 151 W. 26th St. (Source: NY County District Attorney). Zuckers seems to be run by Marvin E. Sternberg and/or his sons, Joseph and Mark (figure out where "JoMa" comes from...?). Look up the public company "Moyco", and/or use zabasearch.com on their names.

I wouldn't buy a stick of butter from these guys - but that's just me, exercising my right of free speech. ;-) If you need to hide who you are -- you're probably doing it for a reason.

#16 ·
(I've been burned once before by one of those New York luxury-goods dealers, and now know how they work. Great prices -- but just TRY to return something, sucka.)
I read reviews on them on epinions.com, and about 15-20% of them were awful. The usual-after they take the order and you pay, they contact you and say the item is out of stock and will be about 6-8 weeks. Also many reported very poor cust service if there was a problem with transaction. I used to research online photo stores when I was into 35mm photography. Alot of the ones in New York had reviews very similar. Now I realize some people would exagerate and badmouth a store for no reason, but it's not just 1 or 2 bad reviews. It's many.

#18 ·
Here are my experiences with them:

I've tried ordering from them before only to find out that they didn't have the item they were advertising for sale in stock. I later learned that what they do is source their stock from other sources and don't always have it available when they are offering it for sale. Before you order anything from them call and make sure the item is on hand. That said, they've also had problems with items with QC issues. while this is not as big a problem with watches (since generally repairs are simple) it can be a real problem with some of the dive equipment they sell, since the items are not covered by manufacturer's warranties.

Lastly, Jomashop's office is about 5 minutes away from mine. I've inquired about ordering from them and just walking over to pick up an item. They said two things. First, they said no that I would have to pay the full shipping price and have it delivered. Second they said that I could swing by, but I still had to pay the shipping price.

Are they legit, sure, but make sure to do your homework before you buy anything from Jomashop.

#19 ·
I tried to buy a watch from them about a month ago. I ordered it but I never got it and called after about 2 weeks. It turns out they don't keep inventory in stock but rather they resell others' watches. I needed my watch for my husband's birthday so I was pretty pisssed! I don't understand why they didn't tell me up front. They say the watches ship out in 24 to 48 hours, nowhere does it say it willt ake 2+ weeks!

I did some research and ended up buying from another company called Melrose Jewelers. I checked out soem watches at A&E watches and then Swiss Luxury but Melrose Jewelers had this one watch that no one else had. They overnighed me the watch for $20 extra and it was gorgeous. Good riddance to joma shop!!

Here's the watch I bought and let me tell you, pictures do not do it justice! http://www.melrosejewelers.com/info/mens_datejust_stainless_steel_silver_302.htm

Danica

#24 ·
I ordered one from them yesterday. I can't comment on the watch because its not here yet, but its on its way. I did call to make sure the watch was in stock. The woman who answered sounded annoyed that I interrupted her nail filing or something, but answered my questions none the less.

#25 ·
Well, I bought my Tissot PRC 200 from them and it arrived in record time, as promised, and the customer service was excellent. I called them before my purchase and confirmed the inventory was in stock.

If I were reading these reviews I might be scared away, but I guess you have to rely on the experience of other WUS members and balance them accordingly.

Just a few tips:

1) Check to see if the inventory is in stock.
2) Know the store's policies.
3) Call ahead and ask any questions you would like.
4) Check out other sites' prices and or policies to get a feel for how competitive the price/policies/value to you is.
5) Buy!

Good luck to you!

#31 ·
Here is a customer rating link for jomashop with about 24 reviewers.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Jomashop
I bought an Invicta 9303 from them (only $96.00). Tried to register the warranty w/ Invicta only to learn jomashop is not an authorized Invicta retailer. Not sure why they are not "authorized." I contacted jomashop and they replied it is stated on their web. They offer their own warranty for two years.

#32 ·
Tried to register the warranty w/ Invicta only to learn jomashop is not an authorized Invicta retailer. Not sure why they are not "authorized." I contacted jomashop and they replied it is stated on their web. They offer their own warranty for two years.
I think it was on another Jomashop thread, but I'd like to repeat, here, that I've bought a few watches from them, and they all arrived promptly and in perfect order. Email communication from them was great, too. I think it's a good idea to email them to verify that the watch you're interested in is physically in stock. I did that on all three occasions, and received verifications by the end of day or next morning. It's always prudent to consider all the caveats that go with purchasing from gray market dealers. With that said, I wouldn't hesitate buying from Jomashop again. :-!

Here's a pretty good article on gray market dealers:

http://www.chronocentric.com/watches/graymarket.shtml

#33 ·
I tired to purchase a few watches from them over the last two years. Both times the transactions were cancelled and they stated they did not have the watches and were not able to get them.:-s:-s

So, I stopped trying with them. They did cancel the credit card transactions and I was not charged anything as one would hope in that case.

#34 ·
FWIW, another |> for jomashop. My in-laws ordered a Citizen Nighthawk (BJ7005-59E) from them w/o incident. They said the transaction was perfect and ship time was only a few days.

The watch itself came with everything you'd expect from retail (box, manual, etc) save for a completed warranty card but did include jomashop's own warranty info. Overall condition was mint!

#38 · (Edited)
It sounds like a draw on this one!!! (meaning the thread and no ones experience in particular)

Not really too good when you have to wonder if you are going to receive the watch you ordered and paid foro|o|. If it was one poster or a few then you could say well...things happen. But, from the looks of it....a fair ly common "business as usual" practice with Jomashop.

I guess if you are just ordering for fun and see a piece you like at a good price and it doesnt matter if you get it or not anytime in the near future....they are probably ok to order from. Eventually you will either get the watch or a refund.

Sort of sad to see this in a store like Jomashop that has a rather large web presence.

#39 ·
Unfortunately I didn't order for fun, they was our bithday presents for my wife and me (and not the cheapest ones). Beafore ordering I read most of the reviews on epinions.com and prayed not to be in the worst 10%. Well, I'm not in that part, It's worse than any of them.

How does it work in US? Do I have any legal protection to avoid things happening like this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.