Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How much would a Omega Seamaster cost, without George Clooney, Cindy Crawford &co?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

How much would a Omega Seamaster cost, without George Clooney, Cindy Crawford &co?

I think George Clooney , Cindy Crawford, Nicole Kidman and all these folks don't need my money.

OMEGA Watches: Ambassadors

How much does George & Co earn when you buy a Omega?

Would you buy your watch without the ambassadors?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: How much would a Omega Seamaster cost, without George Clooney, Cindy Crawford &co?

Quote Originally Posted by 7750 View Post
    I think George Clooney , Cindy Crawford, Nicole Kidman and all these folks don't need my money.

OMEGA Watches: Ambassadors

How much does George & Co earn when you buy a Omega?

You will not change the marketing strategies of the Swatch Group or any other company. Just do not buy Omega. Simple, isn't it ?
    hidden by leaves and TK-421 like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Re: How much would a Omega Seamaster cost, without George Clooney, Cindy Crawford &co?

There is nothing wrong with marketing. If it bothers you, just don't buy the product to protest. I don't buy Omega watches because Clooney or whoever else wears it. I don't buy Omegas because James Bond has it on his wrist. I don't buy Omegas because they are featured on any billboards.

I buy Omega watches, because my grandfather had one and since childhood I always thought it was the most beautiful watch in the world. I like Omega because they have great looking models, because they have fantastic heritage and they make me smile when I wear them.
    MaleBox likes this.

Why does it matter what they earn? It won't change the marketing, or prices of Swatches products.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

I doubt that marketing and Celebrity Ambassadors are the reason that the price has been increasing.

Vote with your wallet.

NASA paid $82.50 USD for their Speedmasters in 1963. That's roughly $580 in today's dollars, but the MSRP for a Speedmaster Pro in 2011 is $4500. Split three ways it looks like Kidman, Clooney and Crawford are each getting about $1300 per watch. They are such extraordinarily beautiful people that I think it's worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by fastward View Post
    Vote with your wallet.
    Wisely said.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    NASA paid $82.50 USD for their Speedmasters in 1963. That's roughly $580 in today's dollars, but the MSRP for a Speedmaster Pro in 2011 is $4500. Split three ways it looks like Kidman, Clooney and Crawford are each getting about $1300 per watch. They are such extraordinarily beautiful people that I think it's worth it!
    Kidman and Clooney, sure. But Crawford?
    TAG Heuer Monaco Vintage LE|Omega Speedmaster Professional|Suunto X-Lander Mil|Hamilton Pan Europ|Flight Timer|Seiko SBDX001|Revue Thommen Chrono Diver

A man's watch is a very cherished thing. You steal that, you might as well be stealing his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    NASA paid $82.50 USD for their Speedmasters in 1963. That's roughly $580 in today's dollars, but the MSRP for a Speedmaster Pro in 2011 is $4500.
    Hmmm, let's see... A house in my neighborhood was built and first sold in 1927 for $3,000. According to the website that adjusts for inflation, $3,000.00 in 1927 had the same buying power as $37,148.98 in 2011.
    But the house is currently sold at $1,200,000, (yes, that's 1.2 million US dollars) and Kidman, Clooney and Crawford are not getting their cut. What gives?
    MZhammer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7750 View Post
    Yes. In fact, they kinda turn me off the brand.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information