Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lenny

Thread: I hate miyota quartz movement...

I hate miyota quartz movement...

The stupid basic 2035 or 2036 series.... The release button need some super strength to push in before stem can be release...

I just need a space to rant. Can't they make it like ETA or Ronda quartz? Simple push on the release button and stem out..

What's wrong with the Japanese???
    " A great time piece on your wrist shows you are serious of time "

Re: I hate miyota quartz movement...

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    The stupid basic 2035 or 2036 series.... The release button need some super strength to push in before stem can be release...

I just need a space to rant. Can't they make it like ETA or Ronda quartz? Simple push on the release button and stem out..

What's wrong with the Japanese???
    You ever had a Valjoux 7750? I can't imagine anyone having pushers that are harder to push than that movement...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Moderator Public Forum geoffbot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    You ever had a Valjoux 7750? I can't imagine anyone having pushers that are harder to push than that movement...
    I find it very satisfying having to really push them in actually. Like popping bubble wrapping.

But TBF I haven't owned another chrono movement so I can't compare.
    Nomos Orion Datum, TAG Carrera, Tissot Visodate, 2012 & 2013 WUS CMW Forum Watch, f71 2013 Forum Watch, 1976 Seiko Bell-Matic

Hmmmm...I'd like to hear more. I don't own a miyota chronograph yet. And am thinking I would like to own some type of quartz GMT watch for when I travel.

I have both - feel about the same to me

I believe that he is referring to the button on the movement itself that needs to be pressed in order to remove the stem/crown. It's not external.
    Last edited by lenny; April 18th, 2012 at 21:30.
    Popoki Nui likes this.

The 2035/2036 Miyota movement only costs $5-6 brand new (check Esslingers) so what do you expect. I don't think it's bad that it takes a little effort to remove the stem. I bought a quartz pocket watch with a Ronda 513 movement and the seller had stated that the winder was loose. I just assumed they didn't know that the watch didn't need to be wound but when I got the watch, I found that the stem would just pull completely out of the watch. I had to slightly bend down the little spring tab that holds in in to get it to stay but now everything is fine.
    Last edited by Dch48; April 18th, 2012 at 22:39.

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    I believe that he is referring to the button on the movement itself that needs to be pressed in order to remove the stem/crown. It's not external.
    Yes, it's the hardest crown stem release button I ever encounter. I try on both. First miyota is so hard to press that I couldn't release it and need to disassemble the mOvement to get the stem out. The second one took some 20 mins just to release the stem. It crazy. The Japanese though they are making watch for incredIble hulk?
    " A great time piece on your wrist shows you are serious of time "

Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a particular tool that Miyota service-people use that makes the whole process straightforward. I can see the logic of making it difficult, to prevent tampering from curious tinkerers. Tenzin Gyatso took a watch apart at 14 and never got it assembled it again. He apparently got a lot better in time.

The other Big Island: Vancouver Island. ;)

Sure wish that was all I had to b*tch about in this life! Just sayin'

~Sherry.
    | Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Zodiac | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer |
    It's a pleasant sort of madness...

Thread Information