WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I hate miyota quartz movement...

28K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  antilucem 
#1 ·
The stupid basic 2035 or 2036 series.... The release button need some super strength to push in before stem can be release...

I just need a space to rant. Can't they make it like ETA or Ronda quartz? Simple push on the release button and stem out..

What's wrong with the Japanese???

#2 ·
You ever had a Valjoux 7750? I can't imagine anyone having pushers that are harder to push than that movement...

#7 · (Edited)
The 2035/2036 Miyota movement only costs $5-6 brand new (check Esslingers) so what do you expect. I don't think it's bad that it takes a little effort to remove the stem. I bought a quartz pocket watch with a Ronda 513 movement and the seller had stated that the winder was loose. I just assumed they didn't know that the watch didn't need to be wound but when I got the watch, I found that the stem would just pull completely out of the watch. I had to slightly bend down the little spring tab that holds in in to get it to stay but now everything is fine.

#9 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a particular tool that Miyota service-people use that makes the whole process straightforward. I can see the logic of making it difficult, to prevent tampering from curious tinkerers. Tenzin Gyatso took a watch apart at 14 and never got it assembled it again. He apparently got a lot better in time.

#11 ·
...Are you sure? I work with the 2035/2115/2015/2315/2415 series ALL the time. I have zero issue with removing the stems. Confirm you are pushing in the correct spot. You are looking for a little indented mark on the outside of the movement called a setting lever. If you aren't sure which piece to push, move the stem in and out, and you will see the part moving. Also confirm that the stem is pushed in all the way to remove it. Ronda often requires you to be in the first pulled out position, whereas Miyota requires a fully pushed in stem.

Have you ever tried to take out the stem on an ETA 210.001 or a Seiko VC10? I guarantee those are more difficult. I actually exclusively use a Ronda 715 stem with temporary crown to remove stems. It's just perfect! (yes, even for that tricky ETA G10.211)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.