I need your help and your opinions

Thread: I need your help and your opinions

I need your help and your opinions

I am a student at San Jose State University and I'm working on feature story about watches for my journalism class. It's going to deal mainly with the current state of the watch market as cellphone use becomes more popular for the time. As a supplement to my other interviews I'd like to get the opinions of my fellow watch collectors.

I was hoping that maybe a few kind and interested individuals would be willing to answer some general questions via email. There would be between 10-15 short questions, dealing mainly with your reason for collecting, what types of watch interest you, whether you buy for status symbol or for personal interest that kind of thing.

If anyone is interested in helping out a student and watch collector please PM your email address. I need about 3-4 people. If you are willing to the answer the questions I am required to ask for a full name, phone number and email address. I would send the questions within the next week and I'd need the answers within another week or so.

The article will not actually be published it's just for the assignment so I can't tell you will have your name in the papers.

EDIT: Looks like I have about 6 people so thats enough for now thanks!

This has been approved by the owner of watchuseek.
    Last edited by cavallino33; November 12th, 2010 at 00:32.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Re: I need your help and your opinions

Will we be able to get a copy of the final article?

Also, will we be contacted by your professor or something?
    TAG Heuer Monaco Vintage LE|Omega Speedmaster Professional|Suunto X-Lander Mil|Hamilton Pan Europ|Flight Timer|Seiko SBDX001|Revue Thommen Chrono Diver

A man's watch is a very cherished thing. You steal that, you might as well be stealing his soul.

Yeah sure I can send you (or anyone who really wants one) a copy, it's just an introductory class though so don't expect Pulitzer winning journalism.

As far as I know you will not be contacted by the professor.
    Last edited by cavallino33; November 11th, 2010 at 17:59.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

I'll help, if I can.
    Praise without end for the go ahead zeal
    Of whoever it was invented the wheel;
    But never a word for the poor soul's sake
    That thought ahead, and invented the brake

I'll do it! PM sent.
    Warmest regards,

Aaron

Ok I got about 6 people willing to answer my questions, way more and much sooner than I expected. That should be enough thanks to everyone who responded I will be in contact soon.

Mousie on over to Tourneau in Santana Row and have a chat with Minh (if he's still there), you'll pick up a ton of info.

Sounds really cool. Good luck. Would love to see the final article.
    BALL Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    ANONIMO Cronoscopio
    LACO Pilot B Miyota
    OMEGA Speedmaster 3510.21
    SEA-GULL 1963 Re-issue
    BREITLING Navitimer A13322
    FORTIS B42 Flieger Day/Date
    ANONIMO D-Date
    LOCMAN 1970
    BALL Engineer II Moon Glow

ANONIMO DINO ZEI Narvalo
    VOSTOK Amphibian
    OMEGA Speedmaster 3506.61.00
    BREITLING Sprint
    BENARUS Moray 4 - Model B

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Mousie on over to Tourneau in Santana Row and have a chat with Minh (if he's still there), you'll pick up a ton of info.
    Thanks for the tip. I have a couple local sales people I'm talking to but I might need one or two more.

Thread Information