WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

ID a Watch I Saw on The Tonight Show 12-16-2014...

754 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  I Like em BIG ! ! 
#1 ·
Fallon had guest, Christoph Waltz on last night. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. Fallon had one of his usual stupid conversations going with he, himself being the center of attention. Johnny would be rolling over... anyways, I digress... Where was I??

Mr. Waltz was wearing the most incredible, large, solid gold, white faced, single crown, that appeared to have a large date @ 12:00 and a sub seconds @ 6:00. I went thru it, literally frame by frame (the wife got up and went to bed) and could not ID for sure. I suspect it was an ALS. Sorry, I cannot find a good screen capture, but if someone who is better at that sort of thing, can help out - it would be much appreciated!

Anybody catch it?? It was beautiful!

Go large screen and turn the sound off and skip the BS, just be mesmerized it.

#4 · (Edited)
I knew someone on here would have the skinny. I was going to guess IWC... dang... missed it by THAT much! Nice, aardvark... you come thru again. I don't think it's the one you show but clearly an IWC and the article was great.

#6 ·
....I don't think it's the one you show but clearly an IWC ....
I agree with your initial observation that it has big date at 12 and subdial at 6. Look at 2:37 and I think you can even make out the PR indicator. Not sure what the alternative(s) would be.

I don't know that it's clear yet just what his role is in SPECTRE (other than it's not Blofeld), but if he is associated with SPECTRE, I'm guessing that the global criminal organization locked in a sponsorship with Richemont just out of spite for MI6's with Swatch Group.

#8 ·
I saw where Christolph will be on another late talk show tonight, hyping his new movie. Maybe get a better glance. I guess the wife will be going to bed early again tonight as she hates when I repeatedly rewind and go thru a scene frame by frame.

#10 ·
Okay so just watched the Late Show w/Seth Myers... not a lot to go on, maybe one good shot. I am sure it is a Portofino but the one he wears, has a highly reflective outer ring on the sub seconds that does not show well in the promo shot from IWC. Plus it looks so much better when on the camera/"in person". I think I NEED one!

#12 ·
Okay vark... where do you find all of these images? Looks so much better in yours than the stock photo from IWC!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.