Thread: Invicta or Citizen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Invicta or Citizen?

My dad's birthday is coming up and I want to get him a nice gift. Which one do you think is better quality, Citizen or Invicta?

Re: Invicta or Citizen?

Citizen has an excellent warrantee (5 years in the US) and typically thier watches are of excellent quality. The Eco Drive feature is nice and allows the watch to charge with light, no batteries. I own several Citizens . Customer Service is excellent.

I also own several Invictas, and have not had any quality issues, but most Invictas are contract made and quality can sometimes vary. There cutomer service also varies. Do a seach for Invicta and you will have days of reading the good and bad experiences of members.

What specific models are you looking at?
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

I posted the links above. Citizen AV0031-59a and Invicta Swiss Speedway 7115.

I don't know much about the quality of these two watches, but out of these I would go with the Citizen since it has more of its own styling and let's just say the Invicta has a highly influenced design. Another issue with these two watches is the size: I think the Invicta is 40mm and the Citizen is 44mm. So it is important how large your dad's wrist is and what he'd be comfortable with.

V8

Citizen.
    MOTORCITYWATCHWORKS

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Oh the size is not a factor, just overall quality. I mostly wanna know what other people might go for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    I posted the links above. Citizen AV0031-59a and Invicta Swiss Speedway 7115.
    I missed the link, sorry. I actually own a white Speedway (Japanese Movt. and stainless not ion plated) and the Citizen Cal 2100 above. This is one of Citizens more popular watches and it is very high quality, has alarm, Eco-Drive, awesome bracelet. My Invicta Speedway is nice but is not a 'refined' as the Citizen. Not sure if there are significant differences between the Swiss and Japanese versions. The Citizen is an aquired taste, as the face is unconventional looking. I would say in this case the Citizen would be higher quality, but if the look is not what you want then go with the other. Size issue was already mentioned, the Citizen is big. The Invicta is perfect sized for me. I enjoy wearing both. These two watches seem to be very different, black vs. white, size, etc. how did you pick them? The black ion plating will eventually wear from what I have been told.

Here's mine just to give you a different take on it:

Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

I'd go with Citizen. I believe their quality is better n more consistent. Citizen is also innovative n creative..just look at their recent Eco-Drive. I'd get a Citizen if i have spare cash.

I don't have either specifically, but I have a few Citizen and one Invicta (which I wore today). You can really tell (even in my cheapest Citizen) that they are well made and the movement functions tightly but smoothly when you set the time etc. My Invicta is nice and well worth the price I paid for it, but I would choose Citizen over Invicta given the two links above and plus I happen to like that Citizen myself. Have you looked around at some of the local stores near you lately? Not sure where you're located, but I live in Georgia and just got home from a day of shopping and the chain department stores were having some pretty good deals on Citizen/Seiko watches. Most had somewhere between 20 and 50 % off and some had dollar off coupons today. Just a thought, but I'm sure you've done your price shopping already....

Banned

citizen !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information