Views: 1280
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  Crown.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  Caseback.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  42.8 KB

W.T. Author have just gone live on Indiegogo.com for the promotion and funding of their 1905 watch. The launch was timed for exactly 13:00 GMT today. The watch represents the first in a series of Swiss movement watches, hand-finished in Britain. The 1905 will be the first of thirteen designs to be released over thirteen years.

Name:  WT Author.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  153.2 KB

The watch is available in 4 colours and limited to 500 pieces all told. Features include:

• Swiss made 513S Calibre Movement •
    • Stainless steel case exclusively designed by W. T. Author •
    • Signature red crown embossed with trademark •
    • Unique enamel screw down case back (Numbered 1 to 125 of 125) •
    • Hand-made leather strap fitted with a stainless steel roller buckle •
    • Sapphire coated mineral lens •
    • 2-year limited warranty •
    • A limited edition screen print and book telling the story of W. T. Author

W.T. Author state that every component has been designed and hand-finished exclusively by the company in Britain, and each is fitted with a Swiss made movement. The ‘No. 1905′ first edition watch draws inspiration from the turn of the 20th Century: a time when the first wristwatches for men were introduced by Louis Cartier and Edmond Jaegar.

Taking inspiration from traditional aesthetics of the pocket watch, it reflects pioneering achievements of the era with signature shoulders brazed directly into the bespoke case allowing a hand-finished leather strap to be fitted. The dial utilises numbers taken directly from 1900′s pocket watches and is enhanced with Author’s unique hour markers. Traditionally formed custom-made hands complete the dial.
    The watch has been modernised with an enamel screw down case back, the signature red aluminium crown embossed with the Author trademark and a Swiss made 513S calibre movement.

Name:  1905 wristwatch.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  65.1 KB

Each watch comes with an A5 book detailing the story of master watchmaker W. T. Author individually signed by the team as well as a limited editon A5 silk screen print available in 5 colours, again individually numbered and signed. The set is presented in a custom-designed package. The price of the 1905 is £350.00. The first 25 backers for each colour receives a £50 discount.

Watch the video:

Visit the Indiegogo website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; September 13th, 2013 at 14:35.

Re: Just launched: W.T. Author 1905 Limited Edition watch

Interesting... the finned/stack-of-lp's case seems pretty unique, ditto the tuning-fork indices. I would worry that the red finish on the crown will wear. This is not a watch I would buy, but somehow I like it. It's another one where you'll never have to worry about the guy at the next table wearing the same watch.

Not doing anything for me, and it says designed and hand-finished, but not where made? Where are the parts actually made? Seems people love to skirt the truth about their cheap China-made parts.
    Shinola is a great example of this little trickery of words, watch makers don't want to tell you the watch is made in China so they gloss over it, they make sure to tell you every aspect that is NOT done
    in China, while not telling you the ones that are, it's very careful marketing and I abhor it with a passion. It's not honest.

Nice, cool, value is there for me . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Blancpain * Cartier * International Watch Company * Invicta * Jaeger LeCoultre * ochs und junior * Rolex * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

I definitely want this watch. In the cream color. I really like the strap. Does anyone know where or how to get this strap or one very similar? I love the distressed simple worn look of the leather.

I do like the look, but I'm not sure it's worth £350 or (£300)
    Brad
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

A bit expensive for an out of the rack cheap Ronda powertech quartz movement.
    Kind regards
    Mike
    Hidden Content

Banned

Overpriced if its a quartz. If it would have a eta 2824 or a sellita sw200 then 300 quid would be a okay price. But no way for a quartz watch. For 300 you can possibly get swiss chronos.

That cardboard box is a joke!

C'mon... I'm serious..., really, isn't it...???!!!

Edit: I just saw this - OMFG...:

"Our packaging manufacturer constantly aims to deliver quality cardboard packaging... We wanted to get it right first time and by working closely with them, we have created a bespoke piece of packaging that reflects the quality of each individual product outlined above."
    Last edited by I Like em BIG ! !; November 20th, 2013 at 00:29.
    Bradjhomes likes this.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

Some of my bracelets and straps cost more than all of my friends watches... not a WIS in the bunch!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Banned

This is a fashion watch right? I mean even if you were about to use quartz, choose a high end ETA quarts to get some creadibility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information