Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Left Handed Watches - Name and Shame them

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Left Handed Watches - Name and Shame them

The Citizen eco-zilla has the crown on the left, but I don't think it is designed to be this way to be left handed. I think it is that way just to keep the crown out of the way in its role as a divers watch.

Banned

The ecozilla looks interesting, never seen it before, nice min hand

Quote Originally Posted by Young Son Time View Post
    BTW I'm not at all ashamed to be a lefty and why would I be, Einstien was a lefty along with a whole host of others.
    I'm sorry, this is the 21st century, not the 19th. Why are we still talking about shame when it comes to left-handedness? Frankly any backward person claiming that "left-hand-drive" still carries any sort of stigma will find themselves subjected to the opening of a big can of whoop-ass

Citizen make a sweet titanium lefty, it's called the Golf. Titanium case, rubber strap with titanium deployment clasp.
    Peace,
    Preston
    Omega, Tissot, Panerai, G-Shock, Timex, Swiss Army watch fan

Quote Originally Posted by publandlord View Post
    I'm sorry, this is the 21st century, not the 19th. Why are we still talking about shame when it comes to left-handedness? Frankly any backward person claiming that "left-hand-drive" still carries any sort of stigma will find themselves subjected to the opening of a big can of whoop-ass

Yes. How many kids were put through h**l in school and at home trying to make them write with and otherwise use the "correct" right hand. Thank goodness we are for the most part past that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Yes. How many kids were put through h**l in school and at home trying to make them write with and otherwise use the "correct" right hand. Thank goodness we are for the most part past that.
    See you at the left handed mardi gras

Quote Originally Posted by Young Son Time View Post
    See you at the left handed mardi gras
    ?

I'm right handed and wear my watch on my left hand, but I prefer left-handed/destro watches. Yes, you can't fiddle with the crown while it is on your wrist, but you aren't supposed to do that anyway (at least with the crown pulled out). I'll fiddle with my crown at most once a day, while the crown digging into the back of my hand would be hundreds of times a day. It makes much more sense (at least to me) to wear watches with the crown on the elbow side of your wrist. The Sinn EZM are some great destro watches and as mentioned, date-less 2824, 2836 and 2892 watches can have their watch dials flipped around to make a destro watch. My Blackwater was modified this way.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Speedbird I, MR-G120 G-Shock; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley
    I have found a source for ETA-28XX compatible destro dials (9 o'clock crown, 3 o'clock window). If you're curious of the source feel free to send me a PM.

My beloved Hamilton X-Wind!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm a left-hander who wears watches on my left wrist. I don't understand the "shame" part either; I also don't get that much into the whole lefty thing, although in some purposes, the use of the crown on the left side can lead to some pretty fine results.

My lone lefty to date: An early Android that, if my feeble mind is working, is about seven years old:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information