Hello there.. Been a member for long time but mostly been lurking without posting..
So this is what got me to post here: Am in my early 30s and recently got a job that involves a lot of international travel. I now have to wear suits and stuff hence looking for a good watch that is formal as well (I currently own a digital G shock that I rarely take off). This will be my first "serious" watch and have spent months trawling the internet and this forum and unable to zero in on one. So my "ideal" watch kinda looks like this:
- Has a world timer.. including for the half hour time zones.
- Has a perpetual calendar..(had an analog quartz and I hated having to keep changing the date)
- Black leather / or rubber strap (I kinda have a thing for black straps only).
- Analog or ana-digi (as long as it can be worn with formal wear).
- Mechanical movement or solar (It can be either.. As long I dont have to change a battery am fine though a mechanical would be preferred).
- Price less than $500 (Lesser the better.).
So having looked all over.. I kind of liked the look of the Red arrows editions from Citizen..
But not sure if this has a perpetual calendar or accounts for all timezones.. It does not have a sapphire crystal and is available only in the UK.. but I can ask a colleague to bring it across or I can pick it up too. The other one was the Skyhawk - some forum members have this one.
This will take care of the date and time zone problem but I am concerned if this will be a bit of an overkill with too many features.. it has got atomic timekeeping but we dont have coverage where I live so I'd rather go for option 1 if that has perpetual calendar / all time zones..
But would like to know from forum members if there are other options that can meet above requirements and cost less than $500. Looking forward to hearing your recommendations..