Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Louis Erard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Louis Erard

Hi all,

I've just come across this brand and really love some of the styles along with their reasonable prices! I've been looking at the skeleton models and does anyone have any opinion on this brand and its quality? Also, what is a good price for the skeleton autos for new or second hand? I have been looking for a skeleton or a partial skeleton for quite a while now and have been quite hard pressed to find one for a better price than the Louis Erard! Maybe someone could enlighten me about the other options available in the range of 1-1.5k?
    Thanks!
    Elshan
    Last edited by Elshan; March 11th, 2008 at 10:23.
    davidtsee likes this.

stuffler,mike

Re: Louis Erard

I know you already read that http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ard#post796604

Another pricey one: Chronoswiss OPUS (top notch)

Re Louis Erard: In the last 4 or 5 years there have been some owner changes. Can't judge their current quality though.

Hi Elshan, I have a LE Regulateur and I'm very happy with mine Quality & finishing of the watch

I had tried the semi-skeleton version that you had posted. It looks better in actual but it's a bit too small for me It's a good choice. Hope it helps

Wow thanks for that pics of a beautiful watch! I noticed you're from Singapore too and I'm guessing you took advantage of the recent discount to purchase the watch? I was just eyeing the LE brand of watches when the discount came along so I guess I have no reason not to get one for myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Elshan View Post
    Wow thanks for that pics of a beautiful watch! I noticed you're from Singapore too and I'm guessing you took advantage of the recent discount to purchase the watch? I was just eyeing the LE brand of watches when the discount came along so I guess I have no reason not to get one for myself!

Nope

Got this almost 1-2 years back. Almost got the normal regulator (1931 series) but saw this 75th anniversary edition coming out soon hence decided to wait for it

Not disappointed at all. bang for buck timepieces

I've also wondered about their quality as I've seen them here and there and actually really liked their styles - very classic! Supposedly they were a "movement only" company manufacturing movements for Tag and some other more known brands - but then again my info could be wrong. I actually finally just snatched one as a gift for my Dad and I may wind up buying another...I just love the look of this monster (the rotating inner bezel is a nice little touch as well).

Come to think of it, I really have very high hopes & wishes for this company, they're very innovative in their own right. Aesthetically they're doing something that not a lot of other companies are (and I wish more were)! Even this peice...very sexy (although I would like some different pushers on there)!

I had a chance to check out some Louis Erard watches at an AD a couple of years ago and really liked their quality. I like the direction they are taking with their current lines.

Here is what I wrote over on Timezone.

My thoughts on Louis Erard

Hope this helps.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

I quite agree. For a long time Louis Erard was trudging along as a subcontractor for other brands, but in 2003, it was revived by private investors and has really taken off as an truly inventive and high-quality brand. They use ETA movements with the occasional Dubois-Dépraz module. All the more remarkable since it is a still a very small company, I doubt that there are more than two dozen employees. I am having a hard time resisting buying the 1931, which could be an instant classic. But reason must prevail!
    le-combier
    Geneva Switzerland

Time is nature's way of preventing things from happening all at once

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Evev12 View Post
    .... Supposedly they were a "movement only" company manufacturing movements for Tag and some other more known brands - but then again my info could be wrong....

Where did you get that information from ? As far as I know they use ETA/Valjoux movements, no in-house movements though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information