Thread: Lum-Tec Combat B13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lum-Tec Combat B13

After looking at these photos I am seriously thinking of picking up one of these as well this year. I am thinking I will have to get at least one of the new B Combat models this year. Now I don't know how I am going to get that past my wife...

Re: Lum-Tec Combat B13

Hey Tom those are pretty sweet looking, I was considering ordering one of the automatic versions however they just seem a bit overpriced imo. Also, they havent put out a better looking model than the Combat B1 now thats one awesome looking watch.

In any case, seems like you are gonna end up picking one of these up so post pics when you do!
    Rotation
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Oris F1 Day Date
    Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date
    Luminox F-117 Evo
    Tissot Quadratto Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
    Hey Tom those are pretty sweet looking, I was considering ordering one of the automatic versions however they just seem a bit overpriced imo. Also, they havent put out a better looking model than the Combat B1 now thats one awesome looking watch.

In any case, seems like you are gonna end up picking one of these up so post pics when you do!

Have you thought about say a B11? That's $565 with an interesting 24 hour quartz movement and is loads cheaper than the B13 at $805

I have a B1 from last year and a B6 from this year on order. They are certainly great watches, very robust and handsome in their ruggedness.

<rant>

The carbon fiber dials they are using now seem extremely tacky and flat out cheesy if you ask me, more of a trend than anything else. It's not like it needs the weight benefit that you would gain from using it in motorsport or sailing, therefore it falls in the category of style over substance, something that stands against the very meaning and core of this watch.

</rant>

Love these watches overall though, very high quality. I only have experience with mechanical L-T's so I won't comment on their quartz offerings

I like the general design of the B13, but I think the hands are too short, which is kind of a deal breaker for me.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    I like the general design of the B13, but I think the hands are too short, which is kind of a deal breaker for me.
    My sentiments exactly!

Tom, regarding the quartz offerings, Im leaning more towards autos these days as I already have 3 quartz watches in my "collection"
    Rotation
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Oris F1 Day Date
    Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date
    Luminox F-117 Evo
    Tissot Quadratto Chrono

I'm starting to like this watch but just wondering about the size...

I havea 6.75" wrist and my 41mm Tag Aquaracer fits well. Will this be too big? What is the lug to lug distance on the B series? (ie. Wrist width)

Thanks
    Last edited by n10797; July 16th, 2010 at 00:50.

Quote Originally Posted by n10797 View Post
    I'm starting to like this watch but just wondering about the size...

I havea 6.75" wrist and my 41mm Tag Aquaracer fits just right. Will this be too big? The lug distance is about 49mm on it. What is the lug distance on the B series?

Thanks
    I asked the guys at lum tec this question as well. Answer: lug to lug distance 51mm, thickness 11.5mm
    Rotation
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Oris F1 Day Date
    Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date
    Luminox F-117 Evo
    Tissot Quadratto Chrono

I asked the guys at lum tec this question as well. Answer: lug to lug distance 51mm, thickness 11.5mm
    Plus it's 43mm. So it would be a lil bigger on you than the Tag.

Thanks!

The Aquaracer lug-to-lug is 49mm which makes sense.

I also have a 44mm Getat homage with a lug-to-lug of 52mm and it's big and "wearable", but I wouldn't make it an everyday watch.

11.5mm thickness of the B seems nice because my Tag is 14mm. Will this make it more comfortable? I want this to be an everyday type watch for me.

Does anyone with a 6.75" have one of these?

Thanks again!

PS: What do you guys think of the PVD case vs. the SS? These pictures make the SS look great! Does anyone know when the PVD will be released?
    Last edited by n10797; July 16th, 2010 at 22:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information