Montegrappa Chaos Wristwatch
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Montegrappa Chaos Wristwatch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picture Montegrappa Chaos Wristwatch

Name:  montegrappa6.jpg
Views: 3482
Size:  47.1 KB

Unprecedented success followed the first collaboration between Montegrappa, and our ambassador, Sylvester Stallone. The Chaos Pen, unequivocal in its message, bold in its execution, impressive in its sheer presence, found a new audience never before seen in the world of pen collecting. It is the first “heavy metal” pen, an endorsement made real by the sheer joy seen on the face of Chaos fans including Scorpions’ guitarist, Rudolf Schenker.

Sly followed this with an accessory not usually associated with hard-rocking axe-merchants, bikers or cinematic mercenaries: the Chaos Cufflinks, which add an air of danger to any sober suit. Like the pen, the Chaos Cufflinks found an audience that appreciated the mythos created by Sly from medieval origins. His artistry has translated into objets ‘dart the mystical, magical ambience of a painting by Bosch, a gargoyle from Notre Dame.

For 2013, to complete a triumvirate of wearable Chaotic treasures, Sylvester Stallone and Montegrappa present the Chaos Automatic Analogue Wristwatch. Hand-made in northern Italy, where its mechanical movement is housed by artisans, the Chaos timepiece is an ideal partner for the pen and the cufflinks that inspired it.

Name:  montegrappa6photo.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  7.9 KBName:  montegrappaphoto3.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  11.7 KB

Most striking is the case, fashioned from a choice of silver or gold, with black PVD-coated back. It features the signature skull-and-serpents motif that continues around the case, even including a small, engraved skull on the winding crown. Its highlights have been intensified by subtle shading, while other editions will offer the details in hand-applied, full-colour enamels. The case is complemented by a leather strap with contrasting edges, terminating in a buckle with the skull motif, while the dial features applied Roman numerals, suggesting the antiquity of the Middle Ages. The black, bi-level, brushed guilloché dial with luminous hands and date aperture at 3 o’clock is protected by a sapphire crystal.

Within the forged sterling silver or 18k solid gold case beats a Swiss heart. Montegrappa has chosen one of the world’s most dependable automatic “engines” to power the Chaos, the renowned ETA 2824. The massive 54x43mm-diameter case, secured by four screws and featuring a screw-down crown, protects it against water ingress to 10ATM.

Only a limited number of Chaos Automatic Analogue Wristwatches will be produced, each a “portable work of art” exuding the same ferocious spirit as the Chaos Pen. Launched at Baselworld in April, this astonishing timepiece can be viewed atThe Couture Show in Las Vegas from May 30 – June 3rd, between 9AM and 5PM, at Booth #110.

Visit the Montegrappa website
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Re: Montegrappa Chaos Wristwatch

I just don't know what to say....honestly.
    hanzo and Francois Boucher like this.
    "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" Leonardo Da Vinci

I suppose eventually, everyone's collection reaches the point where the only thing missing is a watch encrusted with skulls and snakes.

I just hope I die long before I reach that point.
    Owned Laco | Seiko | Orient | Junkers | G. Gerlach | Rodina | Movado | Timex | J. Springs | Eyki | Prometheus | Bombfrog | Halios | Obris Morgan | Perpetual | Momentum | Christopher Ward | Hamilton
    On the way Nothing!

I don't like that at all. I saw one of the pens on Amazon for $69,000 though. I guess the snake encrusted market has seen an explosion in demand to command that kind of price.

Ah yes...the snake encrusted market....of course. The whole Sly Stallone connection is really confusing though. Perhaps he is financially backing it. The watches look to be aimed at the wealthy Goth market. The Goths-that-have-won-the-lottery demographic perhaps?
    Last edited by deluxeswiss; June 1st, 2013 at 15:07.
    Mize and PowerChucker like this.
    "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" Leonardo Da Vinci

Well, that's....different.

I hope I never meet anyone who finds that tasteful.
    PowerChucker likes this.

I must say, I find it rather........
    I think it is..........
    What is that word I'm looking for ????

I think we just got a peek inside Sly's mind. May God have mercy on his soul.

[SIZE=2]Montegrappa makes very fine pens.

After this statement I have another one....................

Montegrappa should stick to what they do best (making pens) and leave watch making to other companys.

This watch is HORRIBLE
    My collection

Rolex Submariner 16610 Caliber 3135
    Rolex Daytona 116520 Caliber 4130
    Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 2218.50.00 Caliber: Omega 3313

Fugly.
    PowerChucker likes this.
    My watches on Instagram @jonmac1965

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information