Thread: Most reliable battery-free watch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most reliable battery-free watch

Hello all and thanks in advance for all who respond. Sorry that I do not come bearing gifts as a visitor should, but I do appreciate this forum and look forward to interacting with you all.

Question:

What is the most reliable, battery-free watch. I would like to keep it under $1500.

stuffler,mike

Re: Most reliable battery-free watch

Quote Originally Posted by cmad2007 View Post
    Hello all and thanks in advance for all who respond. Sorry that I do not come bearing gifts as a visitor should, but I do appreciate this forum and look forward to interacting with you all.

Question:

What is the most reliable, battery-free watch. I would like to keep it under $1500.
    Would you mind to define "most reliable" in your terms ?

Citizen Eco-drive probably. Especially if it's in Titanium(antimagnetic) with saphire glass...

....or do you mean mechanical, when you say "battery-free" ?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Would you mind to define "most reliable" in your terms ?
    Thanks for the question. "Most reliable", meaning that which requires the least maintenance and is least associated/known for having problems requiring serrvice or repair work. Also, meaning less upkeep generally.

Again, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Citizen Eco-drive probably. Especially if it's in Titanium(antimagnetic) with saphire glass...

....or do you mean mechanical, when you say "battery-free" ?
    Right, Pure--either mechanical or with a solar battery like the "eco-drive" battery.

I recently inherited a Patek Phillipe from my father and don't feel comfortable wearing such a fine, beautiful watch everyday. Nonetheless, it turned me onto watches that do not require batteries, regular service simply because they are so finely made.

I hope that clarifies it enough for a further response.

Inactive

Sinn.

Yamahaki:

I read about Sinn and everything I've read screams an incredible watch, but I've read that they also require some servicing for the argon or perhaps other features. Also, how does it's features compate to the automatic time adjustment that the waveceptor possesses or the light-charged battery the Citizen eco-drive has?

Thanks!

Inactive

only some sinns use argon. a mechanical watch will need a service at some point, no way in telling when though. a waveceptor or solar are in a totally seperate catagory. so as not to go off topic you asked about an automatic.
    then added in the others. at some point the waveceptor will fail. the cells do go bad, but can also be replaced. If your into gadgets, the solar, kinetic type watches are the way to go. but me, I would rather have both.

yamahaki:

I don't know enough about watches to ask really exact questions coherent to experts. Really, what I wanted to know abou were watches that don't require batteries that require replacing.

That said, automatic mechanical or solar watches are the same to a novice like me--just looking for the watch that will require the least attention, servicing and repair while at the same time be correct and durable.

I look forward to any more insight you or anyone else may have.

I've heard of seiko's that last decades. It's an automatic, but it's still a seiko.
    Two wrists and too many watches....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information