Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geoffbot

Thread: A new chapter: DeWitt FURTIVE steel

Watchuseek Editor

A new chapter: DeWitt FURTIVE steel

Name:  Furtive Chrono_Duo_Ambiance_LR.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  572.3 KB

The new FURTIVE collection from DeWitt represents the manufacture’s first line in steel.

Available in automatic and chronograph versions, the FURTIVE are decidedly sporty sports and targeted at a young, dynamic and "sporty-chic" clientele. The combination of steel and black PVD on a robust 46 mm case reinforces the contemporary spirit of the watch. The watch features an imperial column motif, which is a tribute to the historical legacy of the DeWitt family. The curved case is fitted on a metal or rubber strap that fits the wrist perfectly.

Name:  Furtive Chrono_FTV.CHR.001_Rubber_Ambiance_LR.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  464.9 KB

The FURTIVE Chronograph is equipped with a function displaying the hours, minutes, seconds and chronograph. The chronograph minute counter in the centre of the dial takes the form of a turning disc with an open aperture that reveals the countdown of the minutes as it turns. The hour and minute sword-shaped hands are in 18-carat white gold with openwork. Those on the counters are subtly illuminated by a golden hue at their tip. The watch runs on a movement with a power reserve of around 42 hours.

Name:  Furtive_Crown.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  619.9 KB

The crown is engraved with the inverted "W" logo, is inverted and tilts back to its normal position for setting the watch.

The dials on the in-house manufactured FURTIVE Chronograph are designed to evoke the dashboard of a sports car with two dials at 3 and 9 o'clock connected by an elegant "grille" balancing the ensemble. The Furtive Chronograph comes in a choice of three colours, including midnight blue, white or black.

Name:  Furtive Chrono_FTV.CHR.002_Steel_Ambiance_LR.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  518.5 KB

Finally, the new FURTIVE line is finished to the highest standard with satin-finishshing, polished and chamfered surfaces. The oscillating weight comes complete with personalized "Côtes de Genève", and the case back is stamped with "Clous de Paris", featuring a medallion carrying the brand logo.

Name:  Furtive Chrono_FTV.CHR.003_Steel_Ambiance_LR.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  516.8 KB

The DeWitt brand sees the FURTIVE collection as a new chapter in its history.

Visit the DeWitt website

Re: A new chapter: DeWitt FURTIVE steel

I think EDSEL*

*See American Automotive History

Paging Gary123, paging Gary123
    Gary123 likes this.

I still remember that olde joke about the Edsel.
    Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    I think EDSEL*

*See American Automotive History

That's wild and I love it.

Bob

OK OK, I'm here now.

Interesting, but not a winner. Too many design elements on the dial, dial is unnecessarily complicated. I don't mind multiple textures on a monochrome dial, but those subdials have three different rings of colors, two with added design elements (black center with white lines, white middle circle with black numbers, and black outer ring with silver dots). And what is that center black textured circle doing there? Good luck reading those subdials. The whole dial just needs to be smoothed out and simplified some. I like the case, and the bracelet is cool.

It is a cool looking watch, but the dial complexity renders the chronograph nearly useless. Very common. Very high end chronographs are frequently difficult to read.

Thanks for the call Geoff.
    Last edited by Gary123; June 25th, 2013 at 03:49.
    Chronographs: Breitling ss/rose Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Omega SMP Regatta, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Sinn 103, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore ss/ceramic ... 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, Hellberg CH-1, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Spacemaster, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, UTS 3000, Royal Oak 18K, Tempest Viking

Thread Information