Thread: Nissan Nismo: the car and now the smartwatch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

Nissan Nismo: the car and now the smartwatch

Name:  Nissan Nismo.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  54.8 KB

‘Let’s see those hands on the steering wheel’
    is a popular and long running Watchuseek thread in which as the title suggests, people show their watches while holding the steering wheel of their car. Now Nissan have got in on the act and the next watch you could see on the steering wheel of a Nissan is a, well a Nissan. Nissan have become the first car manufacturer to create a smart watch. As well as telling the time, the Nissan Nismo Concept Watch connects the driver with the car and provides drivers with real-time biometric data.

The watch is designed for drivers of Nissan Nismo model variants, currently encompassing the 370Z, Juke, and upcoming GT-R.

Hot on the heels of Samsung’s Galaxy Gear, the Nissan Nismo Watch will allow drivers to monitor the efficiency of their vehicle with average speed and fuel consumption readings; access vehicle telematics and performance data, capture biometric data via a heart rate monitor; and connect to the car using a smartphone app via Bluetooth Low Energy as well as receive tailored car messages from Nissan.

Gareth Dunsmore, Nissan Marketing Communication General Manager, commented: "Wearable technology is fast becoming the next big thing and we want to take advantage of this innovative technology to make our Nismo Brand more accessible.”

Name:  Nissan_Smartwatch-002.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  287.3 KB

The Nismo Watch is also capable of tracking and rating the user's social performance across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram – all those things you never imagined needing just a few years ago. It’s all done through Nissan's proprietary Social Speed software.
    The Nissan Nismo is avaliable in three colours, black, white and the flagship black and red. The wearable technology can be controlled by two buttons and is secured onto the driver's wrist via a simple snap-fit mechanism.

The Nismo is powered by a lithium battery and will be charged by micro-USB, with a battery life of over seven days with normal usage.
    Last edited by Michael Weare; September 10th, 2013 at 12:41.

WnS

Re: Nissan Nismo: the car and now the smartwatch

It's sexier to drive with a good old mechanical sports watch than a gaudy smart watch.
    Runaque likes this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

Quote Originally Posted by WnS View Post
    It's sexier to drive with a good old mechanical sports watch than a gaudy smart watch.
    Yes, but can a mechanical watch track your performance and heart rate and sync your stats to your social media platform of choice?

Rotation: Casio GW-5000; Damasko DA37; Seiko SBBN015 Tuna; Casio GWF-1000 Frogman; Casio G-9300 Mudman

And lots of square G-shocks . . .

WnS

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    Yes, but can a mechanical watch track your performance and heart rate and sync your stats to your social media platform of choice?
    Don't need to know most of those stats when driving

Vehicle stats on the instrument panel.
    Ottovonn and Morethan1 like this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

That is one ugly watch.
    Igorek likes this.

Why on earth do you want to see what your car is consuming on a watch?! The heart rate seems still ok, but it would be more awesome is it transmits it to the cockpit display and store the data on the watch so you can review it later on your laptop/pc.

About the design itself I think it's pretty cool for a smartwatch and I would consider buying this just for that as long if it offers enough functions.

Personally I think it looks nicer then the Galaxy Gear, but I decided months ago to go mechanical instead of a smart watch.
    Stowa Antea KS silver
    Stowa Flieger without logo
    Seiko SNP007 Kinetic Perpetual (Gone)

Quote Originally Posted by WnS View Post

Rotation: Casio GW-5000; Damasko DA37; Seiko SBBN015 Tuna; Casio GWF-1000 Frogman; Casio G-9300 Mudman

And lots of square G-shocks . . .

Does it tell me when to go to the Mens Room? That's important to me......Sometimes I forget.
    Then I have to find a stop on trips.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Maybe it vibrates to tell you when to change gears?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information