View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omega Aqua Terra

20 20.20%
  • Omega Seamaster (Bond)

47 47.47%
  • Breitling Seawolf Avenger

8 8.08%
  • Breitling Superocean Steelfish

24 24.24%
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Omega vs. Breitling...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Omega vs. Breitling...

Hi guys...long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've narrowed it down to four watches, two Omegas and two Breitlings. I'd appreciate some feedback if you have time.

I'm looking for a versatile watch that I can dress up or dress down with. I like both brands very much and am simply asking for help in choosing one of the four models. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mego; February 25th, 2008 at 13:32.

Re: Omega vs. Breitling...

Breitling Sea Wolf is my grail watch ...the yellow dial version. I like the steelfish too but it does not have arabic numbers on dial and does not come in yellow.
    My only concern about Sea wolf is that I have heard that the Titanium can get scratched quite easily.

Omega Bond, had one 8 years .... never let me down, looks great smart or casual.

Although I would get a PO if I was getting another tomorrow.
    Russ Ellis
    UK

Current Stable:

Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46
    Sinn UX GSG 9 - EZM 2B SN-107
    Debaufre Nav-B Limited Edition (no79 of 200)
    Victorinox Swiss Army Dive Master / Orange Dial
    Seiko SKX007

Gone but not forgotten:

Omega Speedmaster Pro - 3570.50
    Omega Seamaster Pro - 2531.80
    MM Radiomir 1936 California Dial
    MM Titanium Luminor Sterile on Toshi

If we didn't have thumbs, would the bottom of our sandwiches fall off?

Each of these watches is very different from the others. I have owned three of those listed and I have to say I agree with rus_ellis, take a good hard look at the Planet Ocean.

Keep in mind, you can't go wrong with any of the choices you have listed, they are all great watches in their own way.

Happy watch hunting, Mike W.
    NAWCC Member

"All my possessions for a moment of time" - Queen Elizabeth I

Currently: Panerai, Omega, Rolex, Ball, Muhle Glashutte, Laco, Ocean7, Doxa, Bathys, and one or two others .

i had the (almost) same choice a few weeks ago (even including the seawolf). I couldnt decide so i bought two of them, and i will probably buy the yellow seawolf this summer.

when i have my seamaster on, i think i like it better than the steelfish. when i have my steelfish on i think i like it better than the seamaster. it really is a win-win situation. which ever one of those 4 that you decide, its a good choice.

just think of it as "which one should i get first?"

i guess what im trying to say is... i vote for them all

mitadoc likes this.

Just bought a Seamaster PO and really love it....
    I think the PO would be a better comparison, but you can't
    go wrong--all excellent watches....I would buy either the James
    Bond or Superocean....

i like both brands...but given your criteria that you wanted a watch which you can dress up or down, i voted for the bond seamaster. simply more versatile.

this is going to sound like a broken record but i agree with some of the other guys. Look at the Omega PO. very classy and refined sport watch.

Quote Originally Posted by mego View Post
    Hi guys...long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've narrowed it down to four watches, two Omegas and two Breitlings. I'd appreciate some feedback if you have time.

I'm looking for a versatile watch that I can dress up or dress down with. I like both brands very much and am simply asking for help in choosing one of the four models. Thanks in advance!

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

The Seawolf, great watch that it is, is out based on your own criteria (doesn't dress up well).

I'd go with the Steelfish of the remaining group, but that's just me. The regular Seamaster never did that much for me (I do love the Planet Ocean though!), and you didn't specify which Aqua Terra.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I really like the look of the Steelfish. Very sharp!, but as you are looking for a versatile watch, I voted for the AT.
    As for the Bond Seamaster, the 2531.80 was discontinued more than a year ago.
    So, I assume you are talking about the 2220.80 (Co-Axial escapement). In that case, you might want to check out the Planet Ocean as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsin View Post
    Breitling Sea Wolf is my grail watch ...the yellow dial version. I like the steelfish too but it does not have arabic numbers on dial and does not come in yellow.
    My only concern about Sea wolf is that I have heard that the Titanium can get scratched quite easily.

jdsin- I have a blue Avenger Seawolf, and the titanium does seem "softer" than other titanium watches I own. I'm not sure I would classify it as easily scratched, however. I really like the watch- my understanding is that the yellow is a seriously good looking watch.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information