Omega vs Oris.

Thread: Omega vs Oris.

-->
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned

Omega vs Oris.

A question/opinion for some of you more experienced folks.
    GENERALLY speaking which is a better watch for the money Omega or Oris? Not comparing specifics at this point

Re: Omega vs Oris.

Hmm...
    Without getting in specifics. Oris is a value leader. You get a great watch at an affordable price.

Omega can get very expensive very easily. But everyone knows the Omega name and the history that brand carries with it.

I do like my Oris a lot, as it was such a great value. I can say exactly the same thing for my Omega...

I would pick an Omega 90% of the time! Of course without getting into specifics.

Banned

So you're saying for the price. ( like the other thread) that Omega is still a better value?

I was at the AD today. The Speedy looked super.

Speedmaster is very nice :)

No, for the value you can't beat an ORIS. If you are were just comparing spec's, the Oris will always come out cheaper.

But who doesn't know an Omega. You're buying an Omega for the name and the history of the brand. Both brands have history, its just Omega is more popular with the general public.

You can get some Omega's at a good value, also.

All i'm saying is, if you have the money for either, go with the one you like. You will never have buyer's remorse. A watch will last a lifetime (if you don't damage it to hell)

There is really no Oris's that I would pick over any Omega (my opinion). But the Oris that I have (the Artelier Skeleton) was such a value for a skeleton watch that I couldn't say no.
    Last edited by r1lee; February 15th, 2008 at 06:55.

Ummm.....I buy Omega just because I have a passion for them. Simple.

I like Oris a lot, but Omega just has it.

-Jarrod

Inactive

oris has some pretty good watches. If I were on a budget, I would go for a oris.the williams f1 chrono is a nice piece, and so is that tt1 full lume dial diver.I kinda like that one myself still the better of the 2 goes to omega. always improving on there movements, fit and finish is spectacular. also a much higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    oris has some pretty good watches. If I were on a budget, I would go for a oris.the williams f1 chrono is a nice piece, and so is that tt1 full lume dial diver.I kinda like that one myself still the better of the 2 goes to omega. always improving on there movements, fit and finish is spectacular. also a much higher price.
    What he said.

IMHO add:
    The Oris racing line has a great look and feel to them. On the other hand I dislike Oris's diving watches - too clumsy in both look and feel.

Oris is not Omega's direct competition I would say. The Mido brand (Omega's sister brand within the Swatch group) would be a more apt comparison.

stuffler,mike

Unfair comparison imho because they don't play in the same league.

I own both ...

and I'd say that in the new stuff, Oris is hard to beat in the value for money test against any watch (not just Omega) in its class. And I'd agree that its positioning is not typically against Omega in the market.

As a bit of a vintage nut though, Omega beats Oris stylistically in the older stuff hands down IMHO.

My wife has the Miles Davis and bangs the crap out of it and it keeps excellent time.

Not sure that helped at all after re-reading my post ...!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information