Perrelet Turbine interpretations

Thread: Perrelet Turbine interpretations

Watchuseek Editor

Perrelet Turbine interpretations

Name:  perrelet_turbine_blackgold main.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  55.1 KB

Perrelet loves to continuously dream up new possibilities for its popular Turbine model, keeping watch collectors guessing as to what will peep from behind the signature turbine blades next.

The new Perrelet Turbine combines deep black with the warm rose glow of gold. The intense black provides a perfect background to highlight the radiance of the light playing over the gleaming rose gold, creating a visually harmonious optical effect.

Turbine Black & Gold, luminous rays

Name:  perrelet_turbine_bg.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  53.8 KB

On the 44 mm-diameter Turbine model, the characteristic upper rotor sweeps over a 4N rose gold-coated subsidiary wheel. Its luminous rays shine brightly on the surface, as the turbine swings into action. The hands, Arabic numerals and hour-markers provide additional luminous accents at the heart of a black DLC-coated steel case. To set the finishing touch and heighten the contrasts, the lugs are crafted from solid gold, creating a striking connection with the precious crocodile leather strap. The Turbine Black & Gold Special Edition is issued in a 77-piece limited series.

Tourbillon Black & Gold, luminous geometry

Name:  perrelet-tourbillon-black-gold-a30351-face-view_0.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  67.5 KB

The new Tourbillon model features a 50 mm-diameter XL case appearing in a two-tone interpretation. The rose gold bezel and case-back embrace a black DLC-coated steel case middle distinguished by a raised fluted pattern. The watch features a tourbillion at 12 o’clock on the dial. Adorned with a fine silver-toned lattice pattern, it counts off the seconds above the off-centred hours and minutes sub dial. Rose gold enlivens the overall appearance of the watch in an understated way, forming a perfect circle around the tourbillon, the dauphine hands and the baton-shaped hour-markers. The lugs merge seamlessly into the rubber strap, further emphasizing the purity of this creation. The Tourbillon Black & Gold is issued in a 20-piece limited edition.

Turbine Snake

Name:  perrelet-turbine-snake_a8001_1-a_0.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  71.4 KB

Perrelet, issued this special edition of the Turbine watch to celebrate the Chinese year of the snake. The reptile is meticulously reproduced by hand in magnificent detail: against a neutral white mother-of-pearl background, the animal appears in all its majestic splendour, crafted from Polynesian mother-of-pearl that defines its profile and the individual scales. Its eye glows with the light radiating from a 0.025-carat ruby. The Turbine Snake is issued in a 99-piece numbered limited edition, equipped with the exclusive in-house P-331 movement.

Turbine Diver White

Name:  Perrelet Turbine Diver White.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  38.8 KB

Perrelet’s Turbine Diver collection also has a new model featuring a pure steel case with a white rubber strap. The 11-blade turbine with its rounded curves is designed to recall the shape of a submarine propeller. As it spins freely over the SuperLuminova-covered surface it creates the illusion of an entirely luminescent dial that naturally becomes more intense in nocturnal darkness or at great depths. The Turbine Diver is comes in a 47.5 mm-diameter case, and is water-resistant to 300 metres.

Visit the Perrelet website

Re: Perrelet Turbine interpretations

Another one to pass on.

Just loving what is new, this one is simply interesting...

I like Perrelet but the size of this 50mm model scares me, not really what I would expect from a brand dating some 250 years ago, but rather from TW Steel or Invicta
    Last edited by monza06; August 26th, 2013 at 06:28.

Quote Originally Posted by monza06 View Post
    I like Perrelet but the size of this 50mm model scares me, not really what I would expect from a brand dating some 250 years ago, but rather from TW Steel or Invicta
    Perhaps because the brand is actually just 20 years old? ;)

I actually quite like these. Tourbillon one is a bit flashy, but the others are quite nice.
    Quartz: Bulova Accutron II 96B213 | Casio Baby-G BGA-301-1AER | Casio G-Shock GW-M5610BC-1ER | Casio Futurist LA-201W-2A2 & LA-201W-1B | Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF | Citizen Titanium BM7170-53L | Phosphor Appear MD013G & MD012G | Seiko Spirit E-Ink SBPA001
    Mechanical: Fossil Boyfriend ME3069 | Orient M-Force Red Beast EL06001H | Orient Mako CEM65001B | Orient Mako XL CEM75004B |
    Seiko 5 SNXS77 | Seiko Baby Snow Monster SRP481K1 | Seiko Baby GrandSeiko SARB035 | Sea-Gull M182SK Red | Steinhart Ocean One Black Ceramic | Swatch Sistem Irony Tux | Seiko 5 SSA327K1

Thread Information