WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Recommend good & accurate automatic chronograph 41mm watch

11K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  Gary123 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello forumers,

As per my topic question, please recommend good automatic chronograph 41mm diameter watch with

1) Main body must be tough

2) Scratch resistant must be very highly rated

3) Accurate movement

4) My budget is around SGD $ 4,500

5) Good after-sales customer service

6) Good service centre

7) Light brown colour leather strap

I'm currently looking at Raymond Weil Freelancer 7730-STC-65021

See less See more
#3 ·
There is someone selling a longines hydroconquest chronograph running on the fame Val7750 swiss movt for only $950 at the sales section. 41mm and its a dive watch. Tough and durable!

Bro, go and get it from him..

#5 ·
HermesBlessMe said:
Have you check Maurice Lacroix Les Classique Chronographe :)
I heard that they just open boutique at Marina Square

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/kchivamavin/My%20watches%20collection/MauriceLacroixLesClassiqueChronographe1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hi there,

I already have a Maurice Lacroix quartz watch
Link: [URL=http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/62125797-post3963.html]www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - The Watch Thread - Part 1[/URL]

I prefer Raymond Weil design though

#7 ·
I dig the RW that you posted... But I HATE when watch dials have multiple dates showing with an indicator arrow to what today is. IMO its a silly way to make a simple function less readable :roll:

#17 ·
I couldnt agree more..its a ridiculous and unnecessarily .... way of showing the date.

#8 · (Edited)
Another vote for the Longines Master Collection series, that moon phase as mentioned above is super; or, if you'd prefer something more of a classic chrono design, then the Master Chrono Column Wheel at 42mm (Ref. No. L27594783). Silver dial on brown alligator strap, with a classic, very well balanced design: timeless.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Longines makes great watches, with real staying power and a great history also (being part of the Swatch Group of Swiss watchmakers today). Don't think that you could possibly go wrong either way, or with anything from the series, really.

RW is nice, though many of their designs don't particularly appeal to me so far as they are awfully reminiscent of other brands (I don't like homages, etc. either); I quite like some of their more elegant models, though, and don't tell my nephew but he's about to get a RW Maestro on the occasion of his commencement of his banking internship (shhh! It's our secret here on WUS, as it's a gift and he doesn't know it's coming ;) . The one you've selected is a bit busy for my tastes as well, as I prefer classic, timeless designs and if it were my money I'd go for the Longines. (I'm a classic sort, though, so maybe that's just me). All that really matters in the end is whether you like it as it's your wrist. If you do, then go for it. Nothing wrong with RW as a brand.

Cheers.

Reactions: Gary123
#10 ·
Sodiac said:
Why 41 mm? Not 40 mm or 42 mm, the more common sizes? It has to be 41 mm?
My seamaster diver chrono is 41.5mm i think...would that be ok for him? ;) it doesnt have a brown strap..and itd look silly with one..but then...ive prob seen weirder things on ppls arms

#20 ·
No matter what kind of coatings on what kind of case on what brand of watches... all watches are subjected to scratches or abrasion depending on the usage condition.
I suggest that you consider to get a watch that's strictly allocated as your "work" watch that's facing the harsh music every single day.
However, should you be working in a office environment where you're always in your long sleeve, no matter what brand what make will not be scratched easily.

#21 ·

3) Accurate movement

6) Good service centre

1. My last reply says it all.
2. How about considering those that are DLC coated... however, you might want to consider on what i have mentioned.
3. Generally, Valjoux 7750 had been rated highly for it's accuracy so far... i have not come across anything negative about this movement.
4. With SGD4.5K(USD3.3k approx.), there are lots of choices in the market for Valjoux 7750 powered watches.
5. This is the crucial one... Unfortunately, Raymond Weil is distributed by SWATCH GROUP is i'm not wrong. And you might have heard, SWATCH Group is not as good and friendly as before... Maybe you might want to consider another brand? Such as Victorinox that's distributed and serviced by FJ Benjamin Group?
6. As mentioned in #5
7. There should be one model from Victorinox.

#24 ·
Re: Raymond Weil Maestro Gents Automatic Watch 2849-STC-00659

Instead of paying more for a new and not yet common movement, perhaps you might want to consider other options. Such as those with Valjoux 7751 moonphase chrono, like the LONGINES MASTER COLLECTION?

#25 ·

Reply to Mr Yang on Post #24,

Any other watches with Valjoux 7751 movement ? I have a budget, i'm not willing to spend too much money on a wrist watch

I need a watch that is accurate (not to the extend of atomic type)

#26 ·

Valjoux 7751 is the one with moonphase movement.
Currently in the market, besides LONGINES, you can find the same movement used in MIDO ALL DIAL range, as well as the German brand SOTHIS. I mean in SG only. There're of course other brands that maybe using the same movement, however, i only know about this 3.

As for accuracy, as mentioned by other forum members, Valjoux 775x movements are quite accurate in the sense of gaining perhaps 2secs per day or less than 2sec depending on your daily activity that affect on the winding up of the spring. And that should fall within the high standard specs?

#27 ·

Reply to Mr Yang on Post #26,

1) I received your PM. Actually you can post in this thread though :D

2) Thanks for sharing the Valjoux 7751 movement for moonphase

3) Also thanks for sharing the Longines Master Collection moonphase series watch with 7751 movement

4) Later after work, i'll pay a visit to All Watches, to browse the Longines Master Collection & the MIDO one (Though the MIDO moonphase with 7751 doesn't look beautiful to me)

5) I didn't expect Valjoux 775x movement to be so accurate, just within 2 seconds a day variance only

6) If you have notice, i have made the switch from Chronograph to Moonphase, that's because i already have a quartz chronograph watch

#28 ·

I actually saw your post in another forum asking about MIDO. Since you were asking about RW here in this thread, i shall go along with your query.
You had asked about another MIDO COMMANDER model with 7750 movement, i want to point out that the model you're asking, is a mono-bloc case, meaning the movement is only accessible by opening on the crystal glass, which is not sapphire in properties as what you may find in other makes.

As i had mentioned earlier, should you're buying a piece for your daily work wear, pls do put in consideration on the kind of environment that you're in that may affect on the clean and shine condition of your piece in days to come.

#29 ·
3) Accurate movement
6) Good service centre
NONE of the watch under your shortlist fits item 1 and 2.
I think you key requirement is white dial, similar design, brown strap.
fyi: strap can always change
oh.. must be a chrono.

item 3, can be remove since its the basics.

item 5: what is good after sales service? invite u to drinks and free cigar, PJ party annually? go in service get u into a massage chair and serve you drinks?

#32 · (Edited)

Forumers,

How do you think of this watch ?

How much is it ?

M8885.4.11.8 | MIDO

I actually saw your post in another forum asking about MIDO. Since you were asking about RW here in this thread, i shall go along with your query.
You had asked about another MIDO COMMANDER model with 7750 movement, i want to point out that the model you're asking, is a mono-bloc case, meaning the movement is only accessible by opening on the crystal glass, which is not sapphire in properties as what you may find in other makes.
Well... there's my answer.
In addition, i had asked the local distributor about this model some weeks back. I'm told that the COMMANDER AUTO CHRONO had been discontinued some while back. Should you're able to find one, hopefully you could get it @ below SGD1.5k after some bargaining.
However, i would suggest that you take a look at the negative part which i had pointed out in my last reply to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.