Thread: Rectangular dress watch less than 35mm in length

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rectangular dress watch less than 35mm in length

First post!

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to watches similar to:

http://images.gittigidiyor.com/1835/...18351504_0.jpg

http://www.romanson.co.uk/index.php?...mage_id=159238

http://www.orolus.com/cgi-bin/Shoppi...laire+Day/Date

But with smaller cases... my wrists fall short of 6inches so they are very small! Even the Maurice Lacroixs at 32.5mm x 39.5mm is still a bit too big for my liking.

I've spent some time looking and I can't find anything that fits the bill. I'm open to ladies watches if they aren't too feminine, and price can range from $0 - $1000.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ruoforex; July 18th, 2010 at 11:55.

Mod. Public/Cafe and MaL Ray MacDonald's Avatar

Re: Rectangular dress watch less than 35mm in length

Why not check eBay for vintage watches from the 1940s /1950s?

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Sadly, I too have struggled to find rectangular watches that don't rival the Monaco in size.

My favorites are ones from the Frederique Constant Carree and Art Deco lines. Here are pictures of the most basic in the range but the Carree has many unique variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    I would try to avoid eBay unless you have performed considerable research about the particular watch you're hunting. I have tried searching "The Bay" for vintages and it's frustrating to filter through the redials, refinished, refurbished, replicas, frankens, pocketwatch conversions, poorly conditioned and the simply unrepairable. Buy from a reputable dealer. Your $1000 will travel far in vintage.
    Last edited by AndrewSo; July 18th, 2010 at 14:36. Reason: Poor word choice
    "...[A] watch isnít about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

This Seiko Retrograde Chronograph (model SNT007) is 34mm square, but looks more rectangular when you factor in the way the is case designed. It's quartz and can be had for less than $150; it might not be a bad place to start:

Last edited by ljb187; July 18th, 2010 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSo View Post
    Sadly, I too have struggled to find rectangular watches that don't rival the Monaco in size.

My favorites are ones from the Frederique Constant Carree and Art Deco lines. Here are pictures of the most basic in the range but the Carree has many unique variations.

I would try to avoid eBay unless you have performed considerable research about the particular watch you're hunting. I have tried searching "The Bay" for vintages and it's frustrating to filter through the redials, refinished, refurbished, replicas, frankens, pocketwatch conversions, poorly conditioned and the simply unrepairable. Buy from a reputable dealer. Your $1000 will travel far in vintage.
    i like the constants. they are perfect in size for me. i don't have huge wrists either but i'm a big guy. i also liked the slimlines. they were very flat and had perfect diameter for me. they are round though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    +1.

They come w/smaller cases and solid gold/white gold prices are very afforable compared to new watches.

Belair - A4126-WHT, 34 x 27mm

I just bought this one for my wife and it is an absolutely gorgeous watch
    It's listed as "Men's" but must be Men's mid-size. She finds Women's watches too small (Men's too Big), and they usually are quartz. The bracelet is as-good, if not better than on my Breitling. I liked the watch so much, I got the larger sized version for myself. I never had a RW watch before, and the quality really won-me-over. I had the opportunity to see it side-by-side with the Maurice Lacroix you have pictured and a Baume & Mercier Hampton, and it clearly had better fit-n-finish and a more detailed dial.
    I got a Killer deal on it from a reputable grey market dealer ... if you are interested, PM and I'll get you the link.

(pic from a different seller)

Here is a vostok that may fit the bill
    http://www.smirs.com/product_info.php?products_id=1908

I have an Armitron that is pretty small. I think it is 34 mm

Probably looking for a higher caliber than the armitron but I quite like it. My wrists are 6.5 inches for an ideal of size.

and I threw in the C. Ward for the style.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Timestop74; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:37.

here is another option for you~i must agree that the RW posted by paul december has the nicer bracelet, however i enjoy this one just the same.

Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information