SalonQP 2013 will shake up the horological scene with over half a dozen UK premiers

Thread: SalonQP 2013 will shake up the horological scene with over half a dozen UK premiers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture SalonQP 2013 will shake up the horological scene with over half a dozen UK premiers

As in previous years, SalonQP 2013 will shake up the horological scene with over half a dozen UK premiers.

TAG Heuer’s MikroPendulumS will make its UK debut at the show. This year’s evolution from the Mikro platform, which replaces traditional hairsprings with magnets, has already gained a reputation as one of the most radical and innovative calibres to have appeared in recent years.

Hermès will show the Pendentif Boule, a new pendant watch designed to be worn around the neck. The diamond-set timepiece hangs in a ball that can roll and rotate, with the back hemisphere cased in leather. The watch will be on show to the public for the first time at SalonQP.

Another winner of the Grand Prix – and the first independent brand out of Geneva to become one – Kari Voutilainen will exhibit a unique piece prepared in honour of the event: the Vingt-8 GMT, the latest in a stunning series made entirely in-house. Fellow Genevan brand Breva will present the amazing Genie 01, the first wristwatch to accurately forecast the weather using a mechanical, non-mercury movement, and the ever-popular Nomos Glashütte will bring its Baselworld success stories – the Ahoi and the 38 Series – to the British public for the first time.

Also worth looking for is AkriviA: SalonQP is its first ever UK event and it will be showing a gold version of its stunning Tourbillon Monopusher Chronograph.
    Meanwhile, Konstantin Chaykin’s Cinema Watch contains two movements: one for timekeeping and one for an animation using the principles of a zoopraxiscope (the forerunner of modern film projectors). This timepiece will keep you entertained with a small movie of a galloping horse and rider in a window at 6 o’clock.

Urwerk is sure to fascinate with its recently perfected EMC timepiece. SalonQP will feature a fully working prototype of this technological marvel, which can measure its own performance. Only the proof of concept has been presented to the public before.

Leading ‘Team GB’ is master watchmaker Peter Roberts’ Concentrique, of which only 44 examples will be made. Roberts designed the groundbreaking watch when he was 20 years old – this commercial offering finally answers calls from admirers over the past 40 years.

Also hailing from this green and pleasant land, Hoptroff's Number 10 pocket watch, developed in London under the codename Atom Heart Mother, is the world's first atomic-powered watch. With a self- contained accuracy of one and a half seconds per thousand years, Hoptroff claims it’s the most accurate watch ever made by a factor of 5,000.

Other British efforts come in the form of leading independent brands such as Schofield, Pinion and Bremont. The latter will be unveiling its head-turning Codebreaker to the public for first time, while Pinion will debut its first ever watch, the Axis, which was assembled in the UK, and Schofield will launch the Blacklamp Carbon in a limited edition of 101 watches all named after British lighthouses.

Visit the SalonQP website
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Re: SalonQP 2013 will shake up the horological scene with over half a dozen UK premiers

Looking forward to it. You coming, Ernie?

Re: SalonQP 2013 will shake up the horological scene with over half a dozen UK premiers

Looking forward to it too. My first such event.
    Brad
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    Looking forward to it too. My first such event.
    Remind me: you're going on the Friday, right?

Yep
    Brad
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Should be good!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000
    1965 Accurist Shockmaster
    1961 Gold Accurist Shockmaster
    Seiko SSC021P1
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00

Meistersinger Perigraph AM1002
    G-Shock GW3000B-1A

Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Ben Sherman S489.OOBS
    1990 Rotary Gold Case
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    Should be good!
    When you going? I'll be there Saturday

I wish I would be in town...
    Squale 20 Maxi, CWC RN Diver, Precista PRS-10, Vostok Amphibia SE, Citizen BM6400-Eco & Caravelle 11DP​-1966 & Manchester Watch Works
    DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill

Looking forward to seeing the MikropendulumS in action live.
    Wonder if I'll be able to sneak it onto my wrist...
    Hidden Content

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the MikropendulumS in action live.
    Wonder if I'll be able to sneak it onto my wrist...
    Don't joke - at last year's even someone nicked loads of Seikos

http://www.watchpro.com/14255-gbp-20...fter-salon-qp/

You coming on Saturday Peter?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information