Thread: Skagen Watches?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Member JarrodS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Posts
    1,940

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    I had one for about 5 minutes. It was one of the carbon fiber/titanium models on the mesh bracelet with a Miyota day/date movement. Looked great, but the movement and clasp felt like a cracker jack toy. I sent it back to Amazon.
    Last edited by JarrodS; August 5th, 2010 at 06:26.

  2. #12
    Member homathetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    1,702

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    I purchased a Skagen for a non-WIS friend. I was impressed with the fit and finish, and the leather strap was good quality. The box was nice too and the friend was very pleased with the presentation, and afaik it's still working great for him.

    The small seconds model which I gave him was particularly thin even for a skagen (and minimizes the graceless quartz hand movement ) . He's hoping to be a composer so the light weight and size was a big plus.The elegant understated looks are readable and versatile. A non WIS watch but a good one IMO.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    Skagen garbage watch, garbage company, garbage service - Skagen: I am a disappointed paying customer: Paid US$180 on board of an Air Canada flight (I do not know why, its clicking kept me awake later, during this flight) Then had a damage on the watch, wanted to BUY spare parts: No address to talk to, when you find the address, no one speaks to you back, ignoring you ("go .... yourself" is what Skagen say, "you already purchased our watch, we do not need you anymore"), the Skagen watch is clicking so loud, clicking like an old wall metronome, why would anyone be so stupid to buy this piece of garbage, with such a garbage service? I am very disappointed from this Skagen watch; I packed it and sent it "registered" back to the owner, as a donation to his family, that uses my money and garbage on me. Do not buy Skagen, it is a piece of garbage, and they dump on their customers.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    Decent watches for the money. I've had one for well over a year now without any issues.

  5. #15
    Member jobryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    653

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    they're crap. just my opinion. they're a designer watch, nothing more. Slightly above fossil. Save the money and buy a Seiko or Hamilton
    vs
    This is why I don't buy quartz.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle of Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    20,762

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    C'mon! They are not that bad!
    Cheap Designer watches. You pay for the design.

  7. #17
    Member hidden by leaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free
    Posts
    4,613

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fly high View Post
    Skagen garbage watch, garbage company, garbage service - Skagen: I am a disappointed paying customer: Paid US$180 on board of an Air Canada flight (I do not know why, its clicking kept me awake later, during this flight) Then had a damage on the watch, wanted to BUY spare parts: No address to talk to, when you find the address, no one speaks to you back, ignoring you ("go .... yourself" is what Skagen say, "you already purchased our watch, we do not need you anymore"), the Skagen watch is clicking so loud, clicking like an old wall metronome, why would anyone be so stupid to buy this piece of garbage, with such a garbage service? I am very disappointed from this Skagen watch; I packed it and sent it "registered" back to the owner, as a donation to his family, that uses my money and garbage on me. Do not buy Skagen, it is a piece of garbage, and they dump on their customers.
    I think you've made your point in multiple places, including your own thread. There is no need to dig up every Skagen post ever made and copy this response.
    ......
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    I think you've made your point in multiple places, including your own thread. There is no need to dig up every Skagen post ever made and copy this response.
    Thank you for your comment. I am so mad on this company, and I think there is a point to do it, just to make sure no one else falls into this Skagen trap. There is no reason whatsoever for their way of conducting business, unless they think they will get away with it. They will not.

  9. #19
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Berlin-Amman-London
    Posts
    15,080

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fly high View Post
    Thank you for your comment. I am so mad on this company, and I think there is a point to do it, just to make sure no one else falls into this Skagen trap. There is no reason whatsoever for their way of conducting business, unless they think they will get away with it. They will not.
    You made your point. Stop it please...and stop it now. TIA.
    Kind regards
    Mike


  10. #20
    Member Chev James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,228

    Re: Skagen Watches?

    I've never owned one. I recently read some reviews about a Skagen titanium mesh band, and a common complaint was the unraveling of the mesh. I do like their styling. But when I hear reports that a company does not reply to communications, I won't buy that company's products. That's why I don't buy Casios--wrote to them a number of years ago, and never got a reply. For me, that's the quickest way a company can lose my business--by failing to answer mail or email.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •