Tell us your Public watch sightings!
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tell us your Public watch sightings!

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Tell us your Public watch sightings!

Watches nowadayas are considered a fashion symbol, while being functional.

It can serve to non-verbally characterize someone's own traits, way of life, or sense of style.

And there are many people out there that rather still utilize the Watch instead of their phone.

Perhaps you have seen an interesting watch or two on someone's wrist every now and then. And perhaps you would like to share your experiences.

Now, we dont ask to be a stalker or anything. Just perhaps a watch that caught your attention or one that was brought up in a conversation.

Tell us what kind of watches you have seen on other's wrists? Now, a watch sighting through the internet or on a storedisplay wouldnt really count, but if it is that unique to you feel free to share.

So today 7-4-13 Im working at the cashier from 6am to 2pm and of course its my duty to get accustomed to the daily customers.

And one customer who i was talking to actually had a "Citizen Eco-Zilla" which is a fairly unique sight to me.

I dont think the Eco-Zilla's are ugly watches. Instead i find them very unique.

Other sightings: I have seen a couple Invicta divers, quite a few Bulova watches.
    Dont forget the high-school sighting of G-shock's.
    Watch Collection (So Far): -Adidas Candy Digital (black&gold) -Fossil Blue BQ-9165 -Vostok Komandirskie #431186

Headphone Collection: -Sony MDR-ZX100 -Sony MDR-XB500 -Koss Portapro(broken) -Grado Sr80i -Sony MDR-V6

Audio DAP/Sources: -iPod Classic 4th Generation -iPod Classic 5.5 Gen 30gb (black) -Asus G73JH Laptop

Audio Enthusiast AND Watch enthusiast.

Moderator Emeritus Ray MacDonald's Avatar

Re: Tell us your Public watch sightings!

Recently I met two fellow Mods in a pub in London. One wore a Nomos, and the other a CWC service watch - but he also brought along a Memovox from the 1960s which had been lovingly restored by JLC in Geneva. I wore a Frederic Constant dress model. I wouldn't say that was a typical Public sighting though.
    ImitationOfLife and geoffbot like this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Saw someone on the train wearing a Breguet Marine Chrono. Not bad.
    FP Journe Chronometre Bleu, A Lange & Soehne 1815,Breguet Type XX ,Rolex Seadweller 16600,Grand Seiko SBGE001 GMT ,Catier Pasha,Jaeger LeCoultre ATMOS with Moonphase,Titoni ,Hinga,Laco Miyota 'A dial',Vintage Zenith Elite,Ladies Zenith Elite Moonphase

I never get to see any cool watches. A Sub made a rare appearance at work recently. He had it turned inward with the clasp on the top of his wrist.

I am bad at identifying watches but I noticed my cousin had a nice watch today. Turned out to be a tag carrera. I think the trick is to look at the second hand, and the thickness i suppose is a clue too. Any other tips on id ing nice watches?

Now its more like a techy watch for the cool nifty features.

But my highschool friend from Electronics class does have an "Abyss Watch"

Name:  abyss.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  3.9 KB

Although i wouldnt want to have one myself, it has just problems i can see.

You tap on the glass 2 times and LED lights pop up and tell time.

Tap the glass 10 times and you set up the watch to change time. and it appears to my friend i guess that it is a pain to set time with..

He has interests in Watches, primarily japanese and LED/ LCD style watches.
    s.erickson87 likes this.
    Watch Collection (So Far): -Adidas Candy Digital (black&gold) -Fossil Blue BQ-9165 -Vostok Komandirskie #431186

Headphone Collection: -Sony MDR-ZX100 -Sony MDR-XB500 -Koss Portapro(broken) -Grado Sr80i -Sony MDR-V6

Audio DAP/Sources: -iPod Classic 4th Generation -iPod Classic 5.5 Gen 30gb (black) -Asus G73JH Laptop

Audio Enthusiast AND Watch enthusiast.

In the past month I think I've spotted more watches in the wild than I have in a couple of years.

This month alone it has been:

-IWC Big Pilot
    -IWC Mark XVI
    -Panerai 372
    -Rolex 16610
    -AP ROO Bumblebee
    -AP ROO Panda
    -AP 15202
    -Rolex 6538 or 5510

Watching Jefferson Starship at the fair last Sunday I saw a guy with a Rolex Sub. The other day I noticed two different guys wearing Invictas.
    Damasko dc66, Stowa Marine Original, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Seiko SBBN015 Tuna, Seiko modded 6309, Citizen Ecozilla, Casio G-Shock GW 5000

The most recent watch sighting was a few days ago at Harry's Hofbrau in Redwood City. An older gentleman who was ahead of me in line had on a mid-size electric blue seamaster.

Not many here in Austin, but saw a wild Bond Seamaster at the grocery store today. At work, spotted a Speedy, a Chronomat, a few Subs, a few THs, and a Portuguese 7 Days.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information