WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

which of these watches would you buy? (Hamilton vs. Tissot. vs. Seiko vs. Frederique Constant)

19K views 58 replies 37 participants last post by  CSG 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I am in a very tough situation deciding between these watches to get as my first ever. They are all around the $500-800 range. Which one do you think looks most beautiful? I will be mainly wearing it in formal situations. Please pick your favorites and your reasoning.

On a side note, how is Frederique Constant's reputation as a brand in the watch community? I never heard of them but I came across their watches and they are beautiful. How do they compare to these other brands? Thanks.

1) Hamilton Viewmatic

2) Tissot Le Locle

3) Seiko Cocktail Time

4) Frederique Constant Business Time

See less See more
#46 ·
Re: which of these watches would you buy? (Hamilton vs. Tissot. vs. Seiko vs. Fre...

My pick in order would be:

1. FC-303
2. Tissot
-
3. Seiko
4. FC quartz
5. Hamilton

But yeah be sure to really really understand the difference between quartz and automatic (sweeping hand for example), and if you couldn't care less about that difference, definitely get a quartz watch.

#52 ·
Cocktail Time for sure! I am biased because I own one. In my rotation of much more relatively expensive watches, it doesn't get nearly the wrist time. However, when I wear it, I enjoy it just a much or sometimes more then the others. Besides I'm not a huge fan of Romans. And Arabic numerals on a dressy watch seems wrong.

#54 ·
Tissot, Hamilton, FC, then Seiko.

I'm much more partial to dress watches though (FC notwithstanding with its moonphase), so consider that if you're crazy enough to look at my opinion.

#55 ·
Cocktail Time for sure, as I have one and it is beautiful, though big.
Then the FC, third rank to Hamilton and then the Tissot.

#58 ·
I think this is most likely a minority opinion. I think the cocktail time is a stunner. I would own one if it had a sapphire. The domed hardlex is probably pretty easy to scratch, though owners of it could probably comment on that better than I can.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike_Dowling
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.