Thread: Thoughts on Epos 3391 Moon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on Epos 3391 Moon?

Interested in forum members' thoughts on this watch. There's a lot that I find appealing. It's distinctive, I love the starry background, dial color , and geometric design elements. The placement of month and day is a little funky. At <$2000 it seems like respectable value for a decorated ETA2892 with Dubois Depraz complication too. Roughly Longines standard, but at a lower price?
    My reservations: I'm not convinced the modern dial sits well with the classical case; it seems redundant to label "month" , "day" and "moon phase " on the face, and I can't see it in the flesh here in Australia. There's a dearth of wrist pics on the web too.
    So what do you guys reckon? Anyone own this watch?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Watchnik; August 10th, 2012 at 12:02.

Re: Thoughts on Epos 3391 Moon?

This watch is very nice looking, now that I see it I want to look it up.. Thats my opinion..

the dial is nice but the movement is just anther mill of the run 2892-a2 with no technical improvements
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

What's to improve?
    Quote Originally Posted by georges zaslavsky View Post
    the dial is nice but the movement is just anther mill of the run 2892-a2 with no technical improvements

There's something about the crown and the hard angles of the lugs that feels off to me, though I really like the look of the dial. I think what's putting me off is the lugs look minimalist and industrial, and would be perhaps better suited for a more rugged watch, while the cushion-like crown and the overall look lean in an elegant/dress-watch direction.

I usually find moonphase watches to be a bit busy but have to admit I like this take on the moonphase. Clean and elegant..

I think the dial looks fantastic. A little better in the second pic than in the relatively lifeless first pic. The askew angles are a nice touch, although I agree the labels are superfluous. The overall feeling is energetic and interesting. The case doesn't quite live up to the promise of the dial, but it's not terrible by any means.

I might be reluctant to purchase it if I couldn't see it in the flesh, but overall it seems like a reasonable price point.

Quote Originally Posted by georges zaslavsky View Post
    I'm not troubled by the 2892 really. Plenty of far more expensive watches ( Breitling anyone?) use it. Longines is happy to charge $3000 or so for 2892s with a similar level of complication.
    Last edited by Watchnik; August 11th, 2012 at 00:06.

TGE
    Has possibility but that moon phase indicator is tiny. With the thrust of the watch so clearly celestial, I'd rather see a more prominent moon
    Regards,
    Tim

"The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals." - The Stranger

Plus Nivrel using one to drive a DD Caliber 87 repeater module.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchnik View Post
    I'm not troubled by the 2892 really. Plenty of far more expensive watches ( Breitling anyone?) use it. Longines is happy to charge $3000 or so for 2892s with a similar level of complication.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information