Timex Expedition running slow - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Timex Expedition running slow

-->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Timex Expedition running slow

Quote Originally Posted by tbunder View Post
    what a huge waste of my time using this forum!
    Hmmm...had a bit too much caffeine today??

A couple of possibilities come to mind. Yes replace the battery and verify that it is the correct size. They can give a decent voltage but be close to dead. Clean and check the battery contacts. When the crown is pulled out to set time does it seem loose?

If the above does not work then check with Timex for a replacement movement. If those are not available then it's time for a new watch.
    Last edited by John MS; July 24th, 2013 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Hmmm...had a bit too much caffeine today??

A couple of possibilities come to mind. Yes replace the battery and verify that it is the correct size. They can give a decent voltage but be close to dead. Clean and check the battery contacts. When the crown is pulled out to set time does it seem loose?

If the above does not work then check with Timex for a replacement movement. If those are not available then it's time for a new watch.
    evidently you didn't read the smartass comment earlier that you fail to acknowledge. frustrating coming on here for advice and some idiot wastes my time with his "spiel". I appreciate your useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by markdeerhunter View Post
    You asked a question about an inexpensive watch you want to fix. If it's not the battery you are screwed because it would cost more to fix than buy a new one if they can even fix it. With your attitude my advice is, "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya". If that is the one you were trying to sell in February you really should disclose if it is running that poorly.
    not sure what watch you're talking about me trying to sell, I sell hundreds. glad to see you so worried about my watches though. maybe you should re-read the comments above to understand why I was frustrated. this particular diver is not an inexpensive watch, not a normal timex. it may not cost hundreds, but it surely is not an "inexpensive" watch. maybe you should do some homework on older timex divers.

evidently you didn't read the smartass comment earlier that you fail to acknowledge. frustrating coming on here for advice and some idiot wastes my time with his "spiel". I appreciate your useful info.
    Rather than feeding trolls just ignore them and concentrate on the real reason you started this thread.

I don't need to "do my homework" on anything. You are the one asking how to regulate a cheap quartz and when you get advice you whine about the forum. You have a poor attitude and should be more polite when asking for help.
    not sure what watch you're talking about me trying to sell, I sell hundreds. glad to see you so worried about my watches though. maybe you should re-read the comments above to understand why I was frustrated. this particular diver is not an inexpensive watch, not a normal timex. it may not cost hundreds, but it surely is not an "inexpensive" watch. maybe you should do some homework on older timex divers.
    Damasko dc66, Stowa Marine Original, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Seiko SBBN015 Tuna, Seiko modded 6309, Citizen Ecozilla, Casio G-Shock GW 5000

I wonder who makes the movements for Timex? I doubt that it's "in house", though maybe I'm wrong.

Few quartz movements allow regulation. You might want to open the back and check it out if there's an adjustment screw.

Quote Originally Posted by dilal View Post
    I wonder who makes the movements for Timex? I doubt that it's "in house", though maybe I'm wrong.

Few quartz movements allow regulation. You might want to open the back and check it out if there's an adjustment screw.
    Timex has operations in a number of countries in Europe, the Americas, and Asia. Nowadays most timex movements are made by TMX Philippines Inc. in Lapu-Lapu, Philippines.

Timex has several affordable "luxury" lines which however are made in Switzerland.
    Last edited by spydie fanatic; July 30th, 2013 at 07:18.
    dilal likes this.
    "To Care for Those Who Shall Have Borne the Battle..." Abraham Lincoln

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by spydie fanatic View Post
    Timex has operations in a number of countries in Europe, the Americas, and Asia. Nowadays most timex movements are made by TMX Philippines Inc. in Lapu-Lapu, Philippines.

Timex has several affordable "luxury" lines which however are made in Switzerland.
    Great info. I was wondering why the movements in the TX line was unique to Timex. Then I thought, Bulova Precisionist movement is unique to Bulova, but made by Citizen. It's nice that they have their own movements. I also feel the indigo lighting is under appreciated.

On what's clearly an unrelated topic, I wonder why it is that people expect forums to be fountains of expertise with A+ customer service at no cost? I mean, I can understand hoping for that, but demanding it? Sometimes I wonder if there are people out there used to using a different internet who got onto this one by mistake.

I find it a bit weird that you've given zero information on the actual model, and then been rude to people who have tried to help even with such a small amount of info. But hey, different strokes as they say. So I'm gonna ignore previous diatribe in this thread and weigh in.
    However I can't add any more without really knowing the model, can you please either tell us the model number or post a photo of the Timex? Also I'm interested to know why you think its not the battery. Is it just because its new? The only way to absolutely eliminate the battery as the problem is to try more than one battery and to make sure you have the correct battery. Sounds silly, but its actually easier than you might think to put the wrong battery in.
    Like you I quite like some of the older Timexes and I hope you can get it going, but to be honest if its not the battery I don't like your chances. Is there a chance you could grab a working movement from an otherwise worthless donor Timex? Might be the only way if its an older model that you can't get replacement parts for. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information