I am writing about a nasty experience I am having with an Ebay US purchase:
- on the 3rd of July I bought and paid for a G-shock Riseman in the view of taking it with me on vacation to Greece (12th of July);
- I paid for UPS shipping but on the 4th of July the seller informed me that the package was sent with USPS Express as it was faster and more reliable in shipping to Romania;
- I was ok with it at first but it seems that since then there hasn't been any change on the USPS tracking no:
"Class: Express Mail International®
Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 04, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."
- I confrunted the seller, got a refund of 10$ (difference between UPS and USPS shipping) and was reassured that the package has been sent on the 4th and hopefully I will receive it until my departure;
- The seller has over 36000 sales with 97.3% positive feedback, but over the past 2 weeks he received 9 negatives for late shipping or not shipping at all (people complaining they never received anything...)
I was wondering if anyone went through a similar experience and what steps should I take to resolve the matter. At the moment, I am having my doubts I will receive anything at all...
I apologize for the long post and would like to thank you in advance for reading it.