Thread: Watch service shop in Manila (Philippines)

Watch service shop in Manila (Philippines)

Hi to all,
    Knowing that there is some Philippino nationals or expatriate in the Philippines on the forum, I would like to know if anyone can recommend a watch service shop in Manila for adjusting accuracy...
    Thanks in advance,
    Cheers

Re: Watch service shop in Manila (Philippines)

I suppose it will depend on the watch...if it's for your seikos, you may want to try the Seiko Service Center in Makati or ask the Authorized Seiko shop in Glorietta. If it's for your Fortis, I don't believe there is a Fortis authorized dealer or Service Center so you may want to go to the official service center for Lucerne watches (AD for Breitling, Omega, Rolex etc...) in the Shang rila mall. Not sure if you'd take the chance in permitting smaller mom and pop watch centers to touch your Fortis...in case you do, I did find a decent watch repair shop at Rustans by the supermarket.

BTW, it's spelled FILIPINO

Quote Originally Posted by dondi View Post
    I suppose it will depend on the watch...if it's for your seikos, you may want to try the Seiko Service Center in Makati or ask the Authorized Seiko shop in Glorietta. If it's for your Fortis, I don't believe there is a Fortis authorized dealer or Service Center so you may want to go to the official service center for Lucerne watches (AD for Breitling, Omega, Rolex etc...) in the Shang rila mall. Not sure if you'd take the chance in permitting smaller mom and pop watch centers to touch your Fortis...in case you do, I did find a decent watch repair shop at Rustans by the supermarket.
    Thank you for your advise.
    The adjustment is needed for both my Seiko and my Fortis.
    You are right there is no Fortis service in Philippines.
    I was actually already considering the Glorietta Seiko and would be interresting if you have any feedback about their work.
    For the Fortis I think you are wize about the Lucerne service center. Did you ever gave them some work? Was it weel done?
    But actually if you recommend me a "smaller mom and pop watch center" I would not mind to see them as I use to also trust "artisan". Could you be more precise on the place where they are located?
    Well noted that it spell Filipino!
    Thanks again,
    Cheers

PM sent...in case no wants to read through the thread

I have heard negative stories about the Seiko Service center in Glorietta. If your Seiko takes a standard 7s26/7s36 pretty much any watch store shop can probably service it. For the Fortis (ETA movement I assume?), I suggest taking it to Worldwatch in the basement of Shangri-La mall on Edsa. They can service your Seiko as well, though it may cost a bit more than at a smaller watch stand.
    "When ideas fail, words come in very handy." - J.W. von Goethe

is there a decent watch shop in the metro that can relume dials?

Thread Information