Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

Thread: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Member kroko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    428

    Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Another article bashing Panerai, in addition to another thread on this board about the brand. Is it official, Panerai is no longer cool? Dan

    Here is the link:

    http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-w...g-panerai.html

  2. #2
    Member Wrist of Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    104

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Pan and Pan homages with the chunky, rectangular crown guards still make for a unique look and they're not going away anytime soon. This guy doesn't have his finger and thumb on the pulse of anything at all. Ignore the haters, they're still cool.

    I am the self-proclaimed arbiter of all that is cool and as my first duty in office, I deem the Pan hater WRONG.
    Last edited by Wrist of Fury; May 2nd, 2010 at 17:13.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ / Philly
    Posts
    7,489

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Quote Originally Posted by kroko View Post
    Is it official, Panerai is no longer cool?
    The guy writing the articles is doing his imitation of a shock jock, only on the internet. He has to do something to keep eyes on his website which generates higher potential for advertising revenue. Every time we link to his obnoxious opinionated articles we play right into his hands.

  4. #4
    Member dsjoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    115

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Very well put ulackfocus! That is very true. I've read his articles and while it does have some logic behind it, it's main focus is to arouse the emotions of the reader. It is something to think about who he's target audiences are.
    just my 2 cents!

    Best,

    Daniel

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,655

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Watch Snob most likely gets ideas from reading WUS public forum

  6. #6
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Berlin-Amman-London
    Posts
    16,871

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Don't mention it, do not take it serious. Don't feed it. Just my two cents.
    Kind regards
    Mike


  7. #7
    Member HelloNasty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Don't mention it, do not take it serious. Don't feed it. Just my two cents.
    +1 +1 +1, guess that is actually +3 then.

    Do not give this guy links on this site, it only helps his site out. If you understand (not you Mike) how websites work with rankings, then do not help this guy anymore by posting a hyperlink.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...





  8. #8
    Member TorzJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    One horse town
    Posts
    181

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    The guy writing the articles is doing his imitation of a shock jock, only on the internet. He has to do something to keep eyes on his website which generates higher potential for advertising revenue. Every time we link to his obnoxious opinionated articles we play right into his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Don't mention it, do not take it serious. Don't feed it. Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1 View Post
    +1 +1 +1, guess that is actually +3 then.

    Do not give this guy links on this site, it only helps his site out. If you understand (not you Mike) how websites work with rankings, then do not help this guy anymore by posting a hyperlink.
    He's clearly writing for entertainment value, and I find it entertaining. You guys (and most of us) are smart enough to know it's not meant to be taken seriously. So why tell us we shouldn't read it? Because he makes ad revenue off of increased web traffic? That's like saying we shouldn't have watched Seinfeld because the network made ad money based on his ratings.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    193

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Can we calm down please?

    The Watch Snob is a fictional character whose opinions are clearly not to be taken seriously. They're intended for entertainment, and they succeed. He's funny, ironic, outrageous, and . . . snobbish.

    Peace

    Mike
    Last edited by Marine Corporal; May 2nd, 2010 at 16:05. Reason: Ah, Torz beat me to it! ;)

  10. #10
    Member John MS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    11,860

    Re: Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

    Quote Originally Posted by kroko View Post
    Another article bashing Panerai, in addition to another thread on this board about the brand. Is it official, Panerai is no longer cool? Dan

    Here is the link:

    http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-w...g-panerai.html
    Because Panerai makes watches that are at the extreme that makes them a target. If you like the style of their watches then ignore opinions on self-important sites like Askmen and go for the model you like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2