WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Watch Snob talks about Panerai....

8K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Ozy 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Pan and Pan homages with the chunky, rectangular crown guards still make for a unique look and they're not going away anytime soon. This guy doesn't have his finger and thumb on the pulse of anything at all. Ignore the haters, they're still cool.

I am the self-proclaimed arbiter of all that is cool and as my first duty in office, I deem the Pan hater WRONG. :-d

#8 ·
Don't mention it, do not take it serious. Don't feed it. Just my two cents.
+1 +1 +1, guess that is actually +3 then.

Do not give this guy links on this site, it only helps his site out. If you understand (not you Mike) how websites work with rankings, then do not help this guy anymore by posting a hyperlink.
He's clearly writing for entertainment value, and I find it entertaining. You guys (and most of us) are smart enough to know it's not meant to be taken seriously. So why tell us we shouldn't read it? Because he makes ad revenue off of increased web traffic? That's like saying we shouldn't have watched Seinfeld because the network made ad money based on his ratings.

#4 ·
Very well put ulackfocus! That is very true. I've read his articles and while it does have some logic behind it, it's main focus is to arouse the emotions of the reader. It is something to think about who he's target audiences are.
just my 2 cents!

Best,

Daniel

#7 ·
+1 +1 +1, guess that is actually +3 then.

Do not give this guy links on this site, it only helps his site out. If you understand (not you Mike) how websites work with rankings, then do not help this guy anymore by posting a hyperlink.

#19 ·
To paraphrase Mencken:

"We must respect the other fellow's [choice of watch], but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." H.L. Mencken.

#21 ·
I cannot believe some of you cannot see the satire.

You may think you know watches, but let's be real -- you just don't. Let me, a true horological aficionado, enlighten your plebeian minds as to what makes a real watch, what you should wear when and what to do with those old watches of yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.