Thread: Watches Under $3,000?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Watches Under $3,000?

My future inlaws want to buyme a watch for up to $3,000 (though I'd preffer to not hit the high end of that limit, for propriety's sake).

I can find plenty over 3.5K and under 1K but nothing in the 2K-3K that I love. Any reccommendations?

Re: Watches Under $3,000?

What style/size are you looking for?

Breitling Avenger Skyland would be m choice if I had 3 grand to blow.

Sinn?

go to the search function on this forum . i believe that a person with a user name
    " sater123" had this same exact topic a few weeks ago! might want to type in "watch under 3k" or something like that.

good luck

Had I 3,000 (and small change) burning a hole in my pocket, i'd run, not walk, to get me one of these. Skinny handwinds are a weakness of mine. It'd go fabulously with a 40-year old seiko handwind I already have. Looks almost the same. Just with patina, and no double-batons at 3 6 and 9. This style watch has been hot since the 30's, and I don't' see it ever going out of style.

My other choice would be RGM, but I don't think he makes anything at 3 grand.

Why not spend a day or three using google, and the search engine here in this forum, to ID watches in your price range, then see what you like, then lastly, see what "they" say about it? And take everything "they" say with a huge truckload of salt: One man's clunker is another man's patek.

Research the various makers, too, so no one can try the "Oh, the (country) can't make watches worth a spit, you MUST get a watch made in (other country) because they're the only authorized holy keepers of the dark secrets of horology" trick on you. If you do your research, such jedi mind tricks will fail on you. You will recognize such tactics for what they are: Marketing jedi mind tricks.

The Great Majority here will recommend Swiss, I've made my recommendation for hi-end Seiko, and I'm sure German watches will also crop up -- do your homework, and see what tickles *your* fancy.

Then there's the vintage route...

Quote Originally Posted by adamadamadam View Post
    My future inlaws want to buyme a watch for up to $3,000 (though I'd preffer to not hit the high end of that limit, for propriety's sake).

I can find plenty over 3.5K and under 1K but nothing in the 2K-3K that I love. Any reccommendations?
    I would peruse www.watchseller.com ...or go for a DOXA SUB750T GMT.

http://www.doxawatches.com/sub750t_GMT_caribbean.htm
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV

Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

Inactive

a brand new omega planet ocean from our favorite ad for around 2750.00 delivered to your door.

yeah...i wanted to, at least appear, to be unbiased but i second yamahaki's choice. omega PO all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    a brand new omega planet ocean from our favorite ad for around 2750.00 delivered to your door.
    I second that...I got mine back in December and I wear it every day. It is a great watch

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post

+1, call our forum AD. You won't be dissapointed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information