Watches in the wild :my daily experiences
Like Tree1311Likes

Thread: Watches in the wild :my daily experiences

Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Watches in the wild :my daily experiences

Hi
    I was thinking of creating this thread for some times now because of where I work gives me opportunity to observe some amazing watches on a daily basis.
    I'm a manager in a downtown DC restaurant and almost every day I see Rolex,Omega, Panerai, Cartier....
    It's really cool and I try to engage those people if there's an opportunity. (mostly people are really friendly and I gave several very nice stories)
    Some of the more rare pieces I saw recently was Hublot, Graham and R. Mille but today I saw a middle age guy casually dressed with
    Patek Philipe on his hand!
    I didn't talk to him even tho he was alone and it wouldn't be hard to start a conversation as I work there.
    It was a 3940 model if I'm correct (I'm not an expert by any means).
    I decided to try report on my observations every day, or every time I see a cool timepiece.
    Let's see where it gets us!

Roberto
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Roberto Jaksic; July 23rd, 2013 at 22:06.
    pyiyha, fish70, Skitalets and 10 others like this.

Re: Watches in the wild :my daily experiences

I like it!! The watch and idea...Good hunting.

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

I'm jealous! The watches I see around here are more or less limited to Nixons, Fossils, Skagens and the occasional Citizen and Seiko. When I'm lucky, I'll occasionally see an SMP or a Sub.

With respect to that watch - I wonder how many there are in DC - when I was there last year, I stopped into a small jewelry store in Georgetown which had one just like that for sale. Curious as to what the odds might be of them being the same watch....
    LadyTime likes this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Fenix 3; Tissot PRS200

Since I got infected with watchlust, I really haven't spotted that many cool watches in the wild. Part of it is because I haven't mastered the art of spotting and identifying the cool watches without creeping people out.

One exception though that I started a thread about back in April - in a couple of visits to a surgeon, he was wearing a Speedy Pro and a Seamaster Pro.
    Darkfridayz likes this.

I always look at wrists to see what is being worn. Very easy to tell a WIS most of the time, and yes it is also very easy to start conversations with them, as they love to talk about their "toy".
    davidtsee and Inchpincher like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

I'm also in DC, Roberto! So far have never seen a PP in person. Have seen a few AP Royal Oaks, though, more Rolexes than you can shake a stick at, even a Vacheron on the wrist of a banker I was working with on a potential deal. I definitely enjoy DC as a "wrist-watching" town.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005) * Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss (231.10.42.21.01.002)
    Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille (270.84.10) * TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M ceramic (WAK2110) * Poljot OKEAH Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by tiger roach View Post
    Since I got infected with watchlust, I really haven't spotted that many cool watches in the wild.
    Hah! Within an hour of posting that, I had a confirmed Datejust sighting on the bus home.

Hi
    So today was so, so day, nothing particularly unusual.
    Few Tags, several Movados (not really my cup of tea), G shocks....
    I was wearing my Oris Prodiver Chronograph and in come the guy with
    Oris TT1!
    I'm a big Oris fan so here's the shot!

Today is still not over and who knows....!

Roberto
    Attached Images Attached Images

cool idea for a thread, I hardly ever see anything worth mentioning out in the real world. Minneapolis is definitely not an interesting watch-wearing town. I've never seen anyone wearing a Patek either, though there is a jeweler in town who sells them
    Darkfridayz likes this.

Yeah I've seen some interesting watches around here. A while ago I went to some home renovation show and saw a guy wearing a vintage Rolex Milgauss, one of those super rare models from the 50s with a rotating bezel that every vintage Rolex collector drools about. Airports seem to be watch hotspots, I flew to Puerto Rico a week ago, I saw a bunch of PAMs, a few pilots amazingly wearing Breitlings, and way too many Rolex's to count. On the way back I sat next to a man wearing a Nighthawk, made for some pretty interesting conversation as I was wearing mine as well at the time. You can usually tell the watch guys from someone just wearing a watch.
    BusyTimmy likes this.

Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information