WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchUSeek.com T-Shirt Design Contest!

69K views 60 replies 35 participants last post by  WatchSeekr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
We are officially launching a t-shirt design contest on WUS. Its time to sharpen those pencils, and tablet stylus for a chance to win some great prizes!

Contest will close at the end of this month, the winner will be chosen by you! To enter please add your image to this thread.

Best of luck to all who enter!

Contest Rules:

1. Design can have as many colors as you'd like. We'll choose the best printing method that will best reproduce the winning design!
2. Contest Entry Deadline will be: August 31st, 2017 11:59:59 PM EST

3. Entries will be voted on by fellow forum members for 2 weeks after the contest.

4. The winning design will be the one with the most amount of votes.
5. Limit two (2) entries per member.

This year's design will also be made available for sale in our online store .

HOW TO ENTER: Submit your unique t-shirt design in this thread along with a description of your design. (Limit of two designs per person)

PRIZE: The Winner will receive a WatchUSeek Prize Pack which includes the winning design on a t-shirt and hoodie, along with a $100 Amazon Gift Card.

SELECTION OF WINNER: We will be conducting a poll that will commence on September 1st and run till September 15th, 2017. WatchUSeek members will have a chance to vote for their favorite design. The design with the highest number of votes will be the selected Winner.

RESTRICTIONS:
Please embed your picture so we can link to it if you are the winner.
Designs that do not follow our community guidelines will be removed by the Admin team.

Design must be original and NOT copied from the internet. (Link regarding copyright infringement)

Dimensions of designs: 15" x 18"

Design can be in full color (Front Only)

To enter, please submit your design on a t-shirt mockup template and one version of the design by itself.

MOCKUP TEMPLATES: Huge Collection of T-Shirt Design Mockup Templates

Your design entry should include:

o A JPG or PNG of just the design image

o A JPG or PNG of the design placed on the t-shirt template to show the design placement, size, and garment color.

All submitted entries remain the intellectual property of the designer. The designer will retain ownership and copyright of the winning design, however WatchUSeek.com will have exclusive rights to printing and giving away/selling the winning design on t-shirts as well as using the image for promotional purposes regarding the shirt and contest.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't have a specific image, rather a type: an exploded watch parts and assembly diagram. It might involve licensing. Something like this:

This one's also cool for the framing. Also, another source that probably would NOT involve any licensing, is a similar image from a patent application.

And this would be stunning, but probably too much to put onto a shirt:

Both images found here:
[ELGIN] Elgin 18s Model 8 Pocket Watch Diagram

So I obviously claim NO!!! rights whatsoever.

#5 ·
Dimensions of designs: 15' x 18'

Wow... it is either a billboard, or it fits King Kong

#7 ·
Is this the right place to post? If so it is really strange no one did yet... Such a nice opportunity to get creative, help the community and win a prize - where are you guys?

Well I'll try mine and see how it goes...

I am really not 100% sure about the final design, is it OK to post a couple of very similar one and later on, based on feedback, delete some and leave the final one? I hope so but if not the next image is the only design I wish to submit in this post please:

and some mockups:

I am not really sure if the hands should be there and if the writing should stay "watchuheart" or changed for the regular "wachuseek". If I can make changes, how would you guys like it?

What do you guys think?

#31 · (Edited)
Is this the right place to post? If so it is really strange no one did yet... Such a nice opportunity to get creative, help the community and win a prize - where are you guys?

Well I'll try mine and see how it goes...

I am really not 100% sure about the final design, is it OK to post a couple of very similar one and later on, based on feedback, delete some and leave the final one? I hope so but if not the next image is the only design I wish to submit in this post please:

and some mockups:

I am not really sure if the hands should be there and if the writing should stay "watchuheart" or changed for the regular "wachuseek". If I can make changes, how would you guys like it?

What do you guys think?
I cannot edit my post, but if it is all the same with the mods, I'd like to modify and simplify my first entry to this:

Thanks.

Reactions: 65rob and ColinW
#8 ·
Hey... not bad, David! That is a billboard!

I just noticed how the "heart" is over your heart... cool!

Reactions: Davidka
#19 ·
1st of all... W E L C O M E ! !

Next... sorry, but WTF??

Reactions: Cobia and Foxie
#25 · (Edited)
I also like simple designs, but even more I like watches... Take two, "Time to Choose":

the template:

Wouldn't the use of brand-named watches on a shirt that will eventually be for public sale constitute a violation of the various brands' copyrights? I too, would like to submit an entry, but am hesitant on using a recognizable brand in the design--I did read the "copyright infringement" link, but it didn't cover directly the copying of standard product images--any clarification from the moderators?

#43 ·
T-shirt Design Submission

View attachment 12439135

1. Message 'Never Stop Ticking' - every second represents our heartbeat.
2. Idea - Our watch passion is like a tattoo in our heart. Its permanent!

Cheers!
Dude... perhaps you never saw the first and second pages... yer heart is in the center of your chest! Sheesh... buy you books...!! I keed... nice design.

#28 · (Edited)
Yup, I'm a fan of simple as well. Was thinking to try to pick up some of what we feel for watches, along with the double meaning, Something like that. Logo Analog watch Watch

I think the logo is a natural as a watch face, although we'd need someone to mock up a generic watch case. I found that one and edited it to allow for the insertion of the logo. But, that gives the double meaning of loving the site itself, plus of course loving the watch that you seek -- which, at the end of the day and all thread debates, seems the central core of watch happiness, buying what YOU love, for your own reasons. I think it would represent everyone here, just IMHO.

Plus is a nice message, just for life in general, of seeking what is important to us, what we love, as a central anchor to life satisfaction. Wow, look at watch love be all philosophical now, haha.....

The other tag line is playing off of the popular eat, sleep, whatever, repeat, often seen on cars, for example, eat, sleep, race, repeat, or in other memes of things people love to do in life. And, I added that to reflect the "obsession" side of what we do here, with many of us having, obviously, built a collection.

That tag line could even go across the back, with watchuseek.com under it, so the site is advertised.

T-shirt White Clothing Product Text

But, yes, something clean and simple makes a good t-shirt, I think.

Apologies, I don't have the software, or skills, haha, to make it transparent and put it on the colored image of a t-shirt, but I think it would look good on any colored shirt, and, if the white part of the case was left out, with just the black lines, then your "case" would be the color of the shirt, so to speak. Since I have color variations of the same watch, haha (that thread was just a while ago) I'd likely order more than a few colors of the shirt, in that case.

Would not be so good on a black t-shirt, haha, but the watch case design could be played with, in the hands of a proper graphic artist, of course, to overcome that issue, if folks liked a black t-shirt. Just reverse the drawing lines to white maybe?

Was thinking hands could be added to the watch face, at the standard 10:10, as watches in all adverts are set, but I kind of like it just clean, as is.

Just an idea. Clumsily rendered, I apologize, but that's the general drift of what I was thinking.

Reactions: Davidka
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.