wenger, seiko, or citizen - Page 2

Thread: wenger, seiko, or citizen

-->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: wenger, seiko, or citizen

Quote Originally Posted by trips View Post
    I'm trying to decide which watch to buy. I am looking for one under $150 (preferably closer to $100). So far I am trying to decide between a Seiko Railroad, a Citizen Railroad, a Citizen Military (with a different strap/bracelet), or a Wenger Commando Chrono.

I am looking for a watch that is unique, one that I can hang on to for a while, and one that will look ok as a casual and work watch. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, I have relatively skinny wrists so I am looking for one that is 40mm or smaller.

Thanks.
    I actually want one of the RR Approved watches right now, and I've been trying to figure out which one (Citizen, Pulsar, Seiko). Here are my observations on the three:

1) If you care, neither the Seiko nor Pulsar are made in Japan (the movement is though). Haven't been able to track down the Citizen at a B&M to see it in person, so not sure.

2) From what I'm told, the Citizen EcoDrive is the best constructed (not talking about the movement, but case and band quality). What's VERY interesting to me, is that the Seiko feels extremely janky. The Pulsar is heavier. I went to a Sears that had both (was hoping for all three) and could compare them right next to each other. The Seiko feels more like I would expect a Pulsar to feel, and the Pulsar feels slightly better than what a normal Pulsar feels like to me. Neither feel as good as I think a Seiko should feel. The dial on the Seiko looks better quality, but I prefer the hands (and that they are black) on the Pulsar.

Have you considered a basic Seiko automatic model? Those generally feel more substantial (the appearance of longer lasting).

On the Wenger, again if it matters, the case is probably made in China and the whole watch feels kind of light (check it out). At lease Seiko/Pulsar indicates that their watch isn't really made in Japan, whereas Wenger alludes to being "Swiss Made".

Regardless, all of them are pretty good quality watches (the Pulsar is pretty darn good for the $50 they wanted at Sears) and you'd probably have them a long time with little maintenance.

-s-

I like this one the most.

BTW: what does "Railroad Approved" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by sixtysix View Post

Thanks for all of the feedback. I think my problem now is that I want too many watches. I ordered the Wenger Commando a month or so ago before I really did much research (and my choices were somewhat limited b/c I used credit card points). So, basically, I am getting the Wenger for free, but I can't stop looking at other watches that I might want to buy with my own money. I just saw the Orient Blue and "Pepsi" Makos and they look REALLY good. There are also a couple Seiko Auto Divers that look really nice too. I'm in trouble.

Banned

Wenger for me.

I'd go for the Seiko.

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I'd go for the Seiko.
    The military or the railroad?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information