Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you think about the brands : Fossil, Diesel, Police...should I buy Seiko instead?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you think about the brands : Fossil, Diesel, Police...should I buy Seiko instead?

I'm a newbie as you've already guessed, I don't know much about watches, that's why I'm asking you, the professionals....

Are Fossil, Diesel, Police brands considered a crappy brands, and if Yes, Why? does it have something to do with China? Because I really find some of their models very very good and the price is not that much....
    Or for example this watch by Carucci, I Find it really nice Unique Time Hndlershop - Carucci Imola, Quartz OS20 CA2172BK-OR is that a crappy brand as well? (do you know a similar model of a quality brand?)

Also, what does a not crappy brand gives me compared to a crappy brand? The watch will last 30 years instead of 6?

What are the good brands that you guys recommend , but not the really ultra expensive ones like Omega and Rolex, I'm really searching something around 300-400 USD max.

Thank you for the answers guys!
    Last edited by gen6; March 18th, 2011 at 17:27.

Re: What do you think about the brands : Fossil, Diesel, Police...should I buy Seiko instead?

Should you buy Seiko instead?

Hell yes!

With your budget you could get a Monster and a 007. Or a Sumo, or a Knight, or a Samurai. Just start searching those terms here. And you can search Google, too -- remember to include "Seiko" in your query on Google.
    Just my $o.o2.

Bernhardt Sea Shark | Seiko Black Monster | Vostok Amphibia | Ticino Type A | Orient Curator | G-Shock G6900

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: What do you think about the brands : Fossil, Diesel, Police...should I buy Seiko instead?

If you like Fashion watches like Fossil, Diesel, Police go for it. Not all fashion brands are made in the PRoC so it has nothing to do with China.
    Fashion watches are not high on a collector's list.

Carucci is a mushroom brand, movements are made in China. You will get what you pay for. Have a look into ouir Chinese Mechanical Watchtes Forum, a lot of info over there.

If you are looking for something around 300-400 USD Seiko and Orient are good options.If you want to go crappy go crappy, simple as that.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post

Carucci is a mushroom brand, movements are made in China. You will get what you pay for. Have a look into ouir Chinese Mechanical Watchtes Forum, a lot of info over there.
    Alright thank you! So, does that mean that fashion watches like Diesel etc are still better than Carucci or both brands are the same level? I'm sorry I'm not aware of the term, but what does a mushroom brand means, a crappy one? Because non of the classy brands offers such a design as the fashion brands do...and they are the same price...Diesel or Fossil is far from cheap, some of the models I like do reach the 400 USD...

Mushroom brand: Terms - Mushroom Brand

Alright thank you! So, does that mean that fashion watches like Diesel etc are still better than Carucci or both brands are the same level?
    It is hard to judge a question like yours. It is not Diesel/Fossil vs. Carucci. You always need to compare the models you are aiming at. However, I wouldn't buy any of the brands you mentioned but this is just me.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Mushroom brand: Terms - Mushroom Brand

It is hard to judge a question like yours. It is not Diesel/Fossil vs. Carucci. You always need to compare the models you are aiming at. However, I wouldn't buy any of the brands you mentioned but this is just me.
    Thank you Mike!

So how do we go comparing these watches:

1. Carucci : Unique Time Hndlershop - Carucci Imola, Quartz OS20 CA2172BK-OR

2. Diesel : Diesel Ana/Digi Leather Mens Watch DZ7192: Amazon.co.uk: Watches or this one which I actually find better looking Diesel Black Label Exclusive DZ9033 Mens Watch: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

3. Seiko Seiko Seiko Kinetic watch SKA465P1: Seiko: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

How do I compare them? Thank you!

IMO - your choices are all over the board, so it is hard to offer advice on how to compare.

Like buying anything, it helps to have a set of criteria that will help you add or eliminate choices.

Quartz, manual wind or automatic?
    Do you have a water resistance range?
    Dollar range?
    Day, Date, GMT, Chronograph?
    etc.......

These criteria have to come from you and then the people on this forum can better assist.

You can't compare a three hand kinetic, a quartz chrono and a ana/digi quartz. Too different. If this is your choice go for the most appealing watch,
    Kind regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ondmtn View Post
    IMO - your choices are all over the board, so it is hard to offer advice on how to compare.

Like buying anything, it helps to have a set of criteria that will help you add or eliminate choices.

Quartz, manual wind or automatic?
    Do you have a water resistance range?
    Dollar range?
    Day, Date, GMT, Chronograph?
    etc.......

These criteria have to come from you and then the people on this forum can better assist.
    Thank you!
    I see..
    Dollar range is It's up to 400 USD
    Quartz or if it's really good, it doesn't matter it may be everything. From the links I gave, you can have an idea what I'm searching for...

Anything else is irrelevant, basically I want some good looking watch, may be that's why I stopped intuitively on the fashion watches, they do offer good looks, may be not so good quality though...I seriously cannot find Citizen or Seiko watch that really suits my needs in regards to appearance , they all look, somehow...uh..not modern...like from the 1980's...I don't know what their designers think but if somebody made fashion watches with seiko quality, they will succeed a lot.. (OK I TAKE MY WORDS BACK, now that I looked carefully there are some really really cool Seiko watches, but really really expensive :( )
    Last edited by gen6; March 18th, 2011 at 20:20.

Don't even hesitate. Seiko is the superior brand of the ones you mention.
    Janne likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information