Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle of Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    20,760

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    A Casio G-schlock. It is so complicated that I have never been to do anything with mine. I can not even read the damn ultra small subdials, text, anything!
    And each push button has more functions that I dreamed of existed!

    I do not have to add that it sits deep down in a drawerm unused and unworn, because I do not know how to switch off the wakeup function that goes off every night at 23.45?

    My son does not want it,m as it is bright Yellow, and made out of cheap plastic.
    Sodiac likes this.

  2. #12
    Member CADstraps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    between the lugs
    Posts
    2,100

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    A Casio G-schlock. It is so complicated that I have never been to do anything with mine. I can not even read the damn ultra small subdials, text, anything!
    And each push button has more functions that I dreamed of existed!

    I do not have to add that it sits deep down in a drawerm unused and unworn, because I do not know how to switch off the wakeup function that goes off every night at 23.45?

    My son does not want it,m as it is bright Yellow, and made out of cheap plastic.
    With respect, are you sure its authentic?

    I love my Casios/G-Shocks, and they are very complicated, but the books have gotten me through all of the ins and outs, and I've retained most of the data, only needed to reference the books again for the complications I really don't use. And I find that the resin bands are not cheap at all. I have a 6900 I've had for years, band is still in perfect condition, despite regular use (it was my vacation watch for a long time, so its been roughed up on a lot of beaches/tours, and has swam in many lakes, oceans, and pools).

    I'll be happy to rid you of the pest if it is causing that much ire.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle of Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    20,760

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    Quote Originally Posted by CADstraps View Post
    With respect, are you sure its authentic?

    I love my Casios/G-Shocks, and they are very complicated, but the books have gotten me through all of the ins and outs, and I've retained most of the data, only needed to reference the books again for the complications I really don't use. And I find that the resin bands are not cheap at all. I have a 6900 I've had for years, band is still in perfect condition, despite regular use (it was my vacation watch for a long time, so its been roughed up on a lot of beaches/tours, and has swam in many lakes, oceans, and pools).

    I'll be happy to rid you of the pest if it is causing that much ire.
    Yes, it is authentic, as far as I know.
    I am a guy, so it is below me to use an Instruction book.

    It is your lucky day, PM me your adress and I will send it to you, but I will use the normal postal service, so it can take a week or two.
    novedl and flathead59 like this.

  4. #14
    Member Sodiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland USA
    Posts
    4,525

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    How about a Citizen Signature Grand Complication or Flyback Chrono?

    Hmm....nothing digital about those?
    Last edited by Sodiac; March 14th, 2012 at 16:09.
    CitizenM and Formerguide like this.

    Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

  5. #15
    Member CADstraps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    between the lugs
    Posts
    2,100

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    HD3 Slyde seems pretty cool... I love that you can add whatever digital dial you want to it (chrono, moonphase, etc.). I don't like that it's priced at least 5x higher than it should be, and despite it's not having any buttons, has no real water resistance.

    Name:  Slyde dial options.jpg
Views: 3911
Size:  399.2 KB
    CitizenM likes this.

  6. #16
    Member CitizenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Waco & Norman
    Posts
    8,666

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    Man that Slyde is cool. But you're right, at about $6000 (as far as I can tell) there are just too many awesome watches available. But at $2000, I'd really want to try one out.

  7. #17
    Member CADstraps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    between the lugs
    Posts
    2,100

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    Man that Slyde is cool. But you're right, at about $6000 (as far as I can tell) there are just too many awesome watches available. But at $2000, I'd really want to try one out.

    Unfortunately, it gets worse. Not only is the watch itself $5k+, but the dials are individually bought: $50 - $100. You send the watch in to be loaded with a new dial, or download it from your computer after what would very quickly become a tedious and unnecessary billing event.
    CitizenM likes this.

  8. #18
    Member mpisthe616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    I fell in love with the HD watch until I read the above post.
    CitizenM likes this.

  9. #19
    Member CitizenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Waco & Norman
    Posts
    8,666

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    Yeah, that's pretty stupid on a $5500 digital watch...at $5500, they should throw in all software for free. At least like, through the warranty period.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX, USA
    Posts
    9

    Re: What are some Complicated Digital Watches?

    Yes watches have amazing complications. Check out this review: My Mega Yes Watch Review - (Lots of Pix!)

    I own two of them and they are my favorites.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Yes Inca
    Magrette Bronze (brass)
    Yes Cosmo World Watch
    Luminox 8151 Ultimate Seal
    Oris Artelier Pointer
    DateSeiko 7S26 Vintage Diver
    Zodiac Sea Dragon
    Russian Vostok Military Navy
    Rodania Vintage
    Casio G-Shock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •