Thread: Where to find Watches store in Kuala Lumpur

Where to find Watches store in Kuala Lumpur

I went scouting for watches few days ago in Kuala Lumpur and have some information to share with you,

After meeting and lunch at around 2.00pm, i have yet to decide what to do next. Driving from KL to Melaka will take me about 1 hour an a half. so i decided to go 'watch scouting' again.

Parked my car at Low Yatt Plaza basement and when up straight in the elevator to the second floor. There were dozens of booth on handphone. i was looking for a watch shop, there is one at the grounfloor level, at the lobby, the same wing with Apple/Mac store. Quite a bunch of Seiko.

To see the current changes/and differences in the price off watches, i would look for Seiko Orange Monster,but couldt find it there. I didn't view much inside the shop because it displays the usual brand , Seiko, Citizen, Casio, Guess, B.U.M and a few others.

I decided to explore outside Low Yatt Plaza and went just to the opposite side of the road, to Plaza Sungei Wang. Went up the stairs, there was a mamak magazine stand and finally spotted my first watch store (in Plaza Sungei Wang). Went in and was looking at the Seiko collection displayed.
    To my surprise, SEIKO Orange Monster price has risen from RM8++.00 to RM1,0++.00! i think maybe they, the shop owner have bought it previously during when the Ringgit was pegged at RM3.80 equals t USD1.00. Since the Value of Ringgit has risen to RM3.20 per USDollars or because of the fuel hike, the price was set up to that new high.

I can still recall about a year ago, when i was looking for the same watch in Dataran Pahlawan Melaka, the price was still around RM750.00, with the discounted price of around 20% (which is very normal with watch store, in or out shopping season/sale period), you'll still be able to burn only RM650++ in your pocket for a Orange or Black Monster.

Watches store outside the Big Emporium or Malls normally, the starting price are 10 percent more than bigger watch store in emporiums. Maybe because of the competition in terms of customer attraction to these places are lower. During my previous scouting near Jalan Bunga Raya and a cornershop watch store at'The Junction' to Kampung Jawa, Melaka, the price was still around RM800++
    i continue my search for watches and after lurking around to different stores, soon found Watatime, a more establilsed of them all. There you can find Omega's Collection, Mont Blanc, (they advertised Rolex, but i was sure i did not see any of it. Rado, Tags Hueur, Oris, and a few others which i cannot recall at this moment.

Earlier, i've met a replica's dealer selling collections and quite a number of high end piecess such as U-Boat, Corum, Chopard, Bell&Ross, Panerai, IWC and a few others which is very rare in conventional store.

i walked and scouted for around 1 hour 20 minutes, and that very same level there is actually more than 5 watch store and 2 replica store.
    It was raining heavily outside.

My recommendation if you want to purchase a Seiko Orange Monster or just any watches,
    1. Make your 'study' first on the current retail price, with sources from the internet or your own scouting session.(for example amazon.com)

2. Negotiate with the shopkeeper on the best or very last discount that they can give.. for example tell that another store was bringing the price lower than theirs..or just tell them it's your birthday, gimme HUGE discount.! :)

to read more with maps and location of rolex visit this pages

http://www.timelessprecisionwatch.com/node/286

tilll then,

Shah
    Maybe its The Time of Your Life...Enjoy Every Moment!

Re: Where to find Watches store in Kuala Lumpur

I've had a couple of excellent deals from Hing's Watch on the first floor of Bangsar Shopping Centre (ph 2094 5952) in KL. No pressure, good prices, great selection of brands and models, and the chilli restaurant on the ground floor is a good place to go and celebrate the purchase with a meal.
    Steve

cool Steve...can you share what Brands are there? Sungei Wang Plaza is close to Berjaya Time Square.. i 'll give more reviews on watch store's and boutiques in Berjaya Time Square and MidValley megaMall.

Shah

It's a couple of years since I've been to Hing's, but there's a good selection ranging from Seiko through Ball to Omega and beyond. I bought a Speedmaster Professional and a Breitling Aerospace there. They would suit most price ranges under RM20,000, as I recall.
    Steve

CUrrently The Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur houses the largest authentic luxury collection.

Finally, one year ago.too late to update...lol.. the Orange Monster has since become my best companion...

Thread Information